You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 15th 2018, 12:39pm

Would be great indeed if we could have access to the mouse pointer thingy.

the api link i posted before shows something about it, i thought
https://developer.oculus.com/documentati…rvr-controller/

i didnt really look into it but if i would have an oculus i'd try...
at least the buttons should be readable from what i've seen there

jordi

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 15th 2018, 1:20pm

Me to just arrived today from Netherlands, hey Tuur you have all of them in your country *thumbup*
everpano.com smart virtual tours

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Tuesday, May 15th 2018, 1:27pm

haha.. yeahhh!

I looked at that link 'index' posted, not sure if i understand it all right, but i think it makes not much sense using the buttons when the pointer doesn't work in the pano.

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 3:43am

*sad* I got my Go last week. Great product but I am bummed that I can’t use with my krpano tours. All my tours are hosted behind a firewall and the Go has no vpn capability and my enterprise won’t let an unmanaged device on the network. Hopefully I can find a way around but if not I will be rebuilding in another platform.

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 5:39am

Controller tracking + controller rendering + pointer rendering is something that need get implemented manually - and that will come of course. It's just a lot of work and needs time (and there are also a lot of other features and things to work on).
Sure. But the pointing device is really the most important webVR function. Could you just give us a primitive API for receiving pointer movements and clicks, now, and leave elegant cursor support for later?

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:51am

Now I understand your position much better.

I have had a look at various WebGL docs, and am appalled to see that there actually is no standard for a universal basic pointing device.

The standard designers are apparently afraid of the h/w designers, who of course have no clear idea of how a UI should work. So whatever gets done is still up to individual coders and hackers.

Still, a professional tour UI needs an agile point and click device, not the clumsy gaze cursor. We are counting on you to make that happen.

nidrig

Beginner

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 10:09am

Are VR 360 video working on Oculus Go?

Hi,
I cannot get 360 videos (vr or otherwise) to play on the Oculus go. Did someone try? do they work?

Thanks
Edit: nevermind, it works..

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 6:20pm

offline pano

hi, is there a way to launch a krpano on the oculus go without network, may be on a SDCARD or on the 32Go onside ?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 9:40am

hi, is there a way to launch a krpano on the oculus go without network, may be on a SDCARD or on the 32Go onside ?
The Oculus Browser is Chrome-based and Chrome doesn't allow access to local content by default, so I don't think that's possible.

Here a 'half-offline' possibility that should work:
- use a localhost-server-app on a mobile phone with all panos/tours stored
- make a wlan-hotspot on that phone
- connect the Oculus Go with that wlan-hotspot
- open the IP-address of the localhost-server-app in the Oculus browser

Best regards,
Klaus

igor.socha

Intermediate

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 9:27pm

Or maybe this will be the solution:

Running Virtual Tour locally on a remote PC and connecting with Oculus Go via Virtual Desktop?

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8f3msf/virtual_desktop_is_coming_to_go_and_gearvr/
Best regards,
Igor Socha

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 10:36am

Running Virtual Tour locally on a remote PC and connecting with Oculus Go via Virtual Desktop?

Sorry, but why and for what?
I don't think that WebVR would that way and the Oculus Go doesn't need an additional PC to run krpano tours...

igor.socha

Intermediate

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 11:56am

Sorry, but why and for what?
I don't think that WebVR would that way and the Oculus Go doesn't need an additional PC to run krpano tours...
Don´t know, perhaps would be more reliable to run it from a PC then from mobile phone, or?
E.g. for a touristic fair?
Best regards,
Igor Socha

jordi

Intermediate

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 1:10pm

I know it's a different usage but using the testing server from krpano it's very comfortable *thumbsup*

Server address for the local network: (e.g. for wlan/wifi mobile devices)
http://192.168.1.37:55361

Of course in that point you need wifi, but you can debug very easily
everpano.com smart virtual tours

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 8:39pm

Don´t know, perhaps would be more reliable to run it from a PC then from mobile phone, or?

The question was how to use krpano on the Oculus Go without an Internet connection, therefore the suggestion of using a mobile phone as a wlan-hotspot and running a localhost server app there.

But when there is a PC or Mac in the local / same network as the Oculus Go, then using the krpano Testing Server would be the recommended solution of course ;-).

Best regards,
Klaus

igor.socha

Intermediate

Friday, May 25th 2018, 11:03am

Oh yes, right, it would be unnecessary too complicated using 3rd party app (virtual desktop) if we can run krpano testing server and connect to it directly. Sorry, my fault *smile*
Best regards,
Igor Socha

Monday, May 28th 2018, 5:07pm

The Oculus Browser is Chrome-based and Chrome doesn't allow access to local content by default, so I don't think that's possible.

Here a 'half-offline' possibility that should work:
- use a localhost-server-app on a mobile phone with all panos/tours stored
- make a wlan-hotspot on that phone
- connect the Oculus Go with that wlan-hotspot
- open the IP-address of the localhost-server-app in the Oculus browser

Best regards,
Klaus
Thanks, i'll test it when i receive my oculus

bye

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 5:22pm

Regarding a KR Pano tour without an internet connection, how difficult would it be to create a KRPANO native Oculus app that could "import" a KRPano project? I'd be willing to purchase such a thing if it were to exist

niconutsch

Trainee

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 9:58am

oculus go and krpano offline use

dear forum
we have bought 30 oculuc go glasses to show a project to schools.

because of the amount of data,it is necessary for this, to use them offline.
has anyone a better offline solution then a handy with welan.

thanks a lot
wbr
klaus

Friday, June 22nd 2018, 12:47pm

oversampling

Hi together
I've just tested oversampling with the oculus go.
For me oversampling 2.0 gives best results in oculus go.

In my Gear VR with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 result is also good.
Only problems I have is in my Oculus Rift on Win 10 Firefox 60.0, GTX 970.On my left eye I have only the upper half of the image, on my right eye only black.
This hapens when I set oversampling over 1.4.
1.4 is ok on Rift 1.5 not.
Can somebody confirm?
Is it general oversampling problem, or hardware problem on my side (old graphics)?

Best
Peter

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "vope" (Jun 22nd 2018, 3:04pm)

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 10:45am

from what i read the oculus go could be a game changer,
but is actually pretty useless for krpano right now.

is that assertion correct?