Google Street View Style Navigation

• As the title suggests, GSV style navigation including direction of travel scene blend. I realise there are plugins such as compass/garrows etc., but native capability would be better. Directional scene blend is a much nicer end-user experience which can be seen on other platforms such as 3DVista, Cupix, etc

• I agree.

I tried to create directional scene blend: https://virtuele-tours.nl/tour/transition/ (XML).

It kind of works, but there's a hiccup when loadscene() kicks in, which breaks the smoothness of the transition.

its still very nice! also your hotspot solution
    maybe the hiccup can be fixed? isnt it just a matter of transition times?
    index

• maybe the hiccup can be fixed? isnt it just a matter of transition times?

I don't think so *sad*

The transition uses zooming by changing the view.tx and view.tz values. You can only blend those movements fluently when the KEEPMOVING flag is enabled in loadscene(). Unfortunately there's a bug (or probably something more complex than that) that makes krpano, during blending, switch back to the scene you're coming from when the view.tx and view.tz values are reset.

I changed the XML in my example to enable KEEPMOVING: virtuele-tours.nl/tour/transition/

Maybe Klaus can say something sensible about this.

• OK, so without wishing to bang on the same drum over and over again *smile* , I have lost a second significant customer to a solution that starts with M and ends in PORT. Purely down to the fact, and I quote the customer "it looks nice".

I am not referring to the dolls house view, but (again I quote the customer) "they offer walkthough style tours" i.e. matterports viewpoint transitions. I was trying to offer as close to this as possible with garrows / keepview / etc.

Not expecting to see this in KRPano overnight, but Friday would be fine though.... *thumbsup*

Just sharing to gather anyone else's experience?

GK

• mport is a completely different technology,
    i wouldn't wait for krpano to go that way anytime soon.

why dont offer both ways to your clients?
    (never forget: always say yes, absolutely no problem, i can do that for you) ;)

mport only works for real sites you have to photograph, i guess
    also programming / designing a tour will be limited much more than krpano

for some projects mport and for some krpano will be better

(maybe keep in mind that mp seems to be a very closed system,
    i m not even sure you get the "player". seems all must be edited
    and hosted on their cloud! if they go bankrupt or bought by some
    company all your content might be gone)

• Hi, Thanks for the response....

mport is a completely different technology,
    i wouldn't wait for krpano to go that way anytime soon.

I appreciate the tech is different but other platforms go someway to replicate it and 360gradenfotografie has made efforts to do the same with some success.

why dont offer both ways to your clients?
    (never forget: always say yes, absolutely no problem, i can do that for you) ;)

Don't particularly want to commit to the Matterport ecosystem due to the cost and ongoing charges, but I never say never....

mport only works for real sites you have to photograph, i guess
    also programming / designing a tour will be limited much more than krpano

Yes there is no scope to go beyond what Matterport (the company) will allow you to do, unlike KRPano.

for some projects mport and for some krpano will be better

But, I want KRPano always to be better!

GK

• i dont know how their cameras work, but i guess basically
    with a lot of photos and some processing you end up with a textured 3d model

i think this is at least as hard to do as the viewer itself.
    i dont know if there are some other cams/software out that can do this
    and if there are standards that can be used

if you can get good data (3d model) and have programming skills
    a viewer could be done with threejs

theoretically also krpano could adapt it ofc...
    but absolutely no idea if klaus has such plans

getting good data is probably not so easy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!