video panorama autoplay issue

• Dear Klaus!
    We've just started to delve into the use of video panoramas. So far so good, but we've run into a problem.
    So I understand there is no autoplay on (some) mobile devices, but it seems Chrome has an interesting policy on autoplay in the desktop browser too. More importantly though, I'm not sure the video player plugin events work as they should - or maybe it is me doing something wrong.
    So when I load the video panorama by entering the url in the address bar, hitting enter, the autoplay doesn't work. Fair enough, but I thought I might be able to display a message to the user to let them know if they click somewhere they can start the playback. However, I attached both the onneedtouch and ongottouch events, and strangely enough, both fire. Meaning it seems the video player believes the touch has already happened, but it hasn't. And also I get the following error in the console:

Zitat

VM3771:15 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: play() failed because the user didn't interact with the document first.

Now, if I simply refresh the page by either hitting F5 or clicking the reload button, it works, including the autoplay.

So what I'm wondering is, isn't this supposed to work like the ongottouch event would NOT fire until there is an actual touch/click/keyboard down event?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!