embedded video different positon in VR mode

• Hi Klaus,

I'm currently having an issue with an embedded distorted video hotspot when i enter the vr mode. I can see on my fake webvr mode on the computer that the left side of the screen places the hotspot slightly in a different position that that on the right of the screen. I've found that this issue is fixed for distorted hotspot images by setting the depth="off". However, this does not seem to work on videos. Any ideas on how I can overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance ;)

• Hi,

for stereoscopic panos also stereoscopic hotspots would be required in this case.

That location inside the image is content-depended and only a kind of fake-3d, it can be very different between the left and the right image, so the position and the rotation can be different.

Here an example - that would be the extracted distorted hotspots for the left and right panos (already merged to a side-by-side image):

and here now with an image or video added (manually somehow in an image or video editor software):

The extracted hotspot image would need to cover a range where the parts from the left and the right panos would fit into.

The xml itself is easy - just stereo="SBS" and depth="off" are additionally required:

Code
    <hotspot name="hs_video" ... stereo="SBS" depth="off" ... />

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!