Playsound onstart only works in Chrome when loading whole pano from hyperlink

• I have tried playsound command in in both my <krpano onstart=''" and in my <scene onstart=""

Audio start consistently in Microsoft Edge and FireFox on PC.

But in Chrome (or Safari on iPhone) if I type in the url directly the audio does not start unles I click on the thumbnail and reload the first pano.

But if I click on a hyperlink to the same exact pano url the audio starts everytime.

Please help.

Ron

Edited once, last by 3dron (June 4, 2018 at 8:36 PM).

• Hi,

Chrome is blocking video and audio autoplay since version 66.

The next krpano release will offer the 'autoplay-workarounds' that are already there on mobile also for desktop browser.
    That means in this case krpano will wait for the next user-interaction (e.g. a mouse-down) anywhere on the screen and use that to start playing the audio or video.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• But the odd thing is audio plays when I click a link on the same domain to the same tour.html file. why is this?

But not if I enter tour,html url directly and hit enter.

• Hello, Klaus.

Any news on this mater?

Using version 1.19-pr16 here

Best regards.

Hi,

Chrome is blocking video and audio autoplay since version 66.

The next krpano release will offer the 'autoplay-workarounds' that are already there on mobile also for desktop browser.
    That means in this case krpano will wait for the next user-interaction (e.g. a mouse-down) anywhere on the screen and use that to start playing the audio or video.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!