Krpano Markup Language for VSCode Editor

• Hello Klaus,

I'm working on an Extension for the VS Code editor , for editing XML files with the Krpano markup language.

The first step is to enable syntax highlighting to help reading the code better. This is what I get so far.

Luckily, there is a similar project in Github to do the same thing for the SublimeText editor, and I was able to use its tmLanguage file to cover some ground. Although the person writing that extension did an amazing job creating the regular expressions to find all the elements, there are a few missing.

Is there an easier way to have access to all the functions, elements and actions used by Krpano, other than the documentation web pages? Although they are very useful, I really struggle to find an structure to go through all the information.

Something like an index page or a list, with just the names and the type would be ideal.

VS Code developers have put a lot of effort to make easy to people write very powerful extensions. Syntax highlighting is only the beginning. it's also possible define formatting, snippets, intellisense, hovers and validators.

Here is the Github repository: VS Code Krpano Language

Many thanks,

Rafael

• years later ... .-)
    i switched to vscode from sublime recently and just found this!
    great work, rafael !

it's a bit outdated (doesnt recognize newer comment syntax and other things)
    i guess you never update it?

I have in plans to make vscode support for krpano syntax since this extension is already based on my work *smile*
    But... sublime is my everything yet, sorry you left

• Hello,

Alexey has done a much better job with his extension. Mine only does syntax color and snippets, and it's not up-to-date.

I think it's possible that VSCode and Sublimetext extensions can share the same markup syntax & snippet files. This would be very handy keep both of them updated.

Unfortunately I don't have the time nor the knowledge to do this on my own.

Cheers,

Rafael

• I use this extension for VSC, and I had a problem with the comments.
    The block comments are declared as /* */ and this works inside actions but not in the body of the krpano document, where those comments are ignored. so I'v changed this feature like this:

in
    extensions\krpano-for-vscode-main\language-configuration.json

I've replaced the comments object by:

"comments": {
    "blockComment": [ "<!--", "-->" ]
    },

I hope it helps someone!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!