How to convert to tiles and back, 24 times?

• Hi,

I need to convert 24 versions of the same gigapixel image. The source image is 600,000 x 111400 px cylindrical. It must be shown in cubic projection.
    (The client will hide objects in the pano, and they want 24 actually separate versions of the tiles, which they will switch every hour. this will avoid people inspecting the source code to find the hidden treasures)

So this is how I would accomplish the task:

1. Tile the 600,000 x 111400 cylindrical into 25,000 x 25,000px jpeg tiles, which they will edit.
    2. Merge the newly edited tiles (one edited tile gets replaced in each set) into a new source cylindrical (24 versions).
    3. 24 times: Using source cylindrical, Convert to cubic / make multires.

Is this the best way to do it? For example, should I convert the master image to cube faces, and tile those to 25k x 25k px tiles? Can those tiles be used as input to make the final image (with 512px tiles)? (Converting the 600K master KRO to cubic 24 times seems like a huge waste of time!)

Thank you so much for these probably very basic issues.

Jeffrey

• Jeffrey,

Please find my idea based on using spherical pano and krpano. Not sure how cylindrical will work.
    1. Take the master 600x100K and convert to cube faces with "Convert SPHERE CUBE Droplet".
    2. Edit the faces for version 1 and save them as ver_01_b.tiff, ver_01_d.tiff, ver_01_f.tiff, ver_01_l.tiff, ver_01_r.tiff, ver_01_u.tiff.
    3. Make multires for ver.1 by dropping all 6 faces over the "MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet".
    4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until ver. 24.

Reasoning:
    Do not mess/edit with tiles. It would require to edit tiles for each level and editing cannot be consistent.

Apology if I understood you wrong.
    Pavel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!