Making Virtual tour user interface using CSS framework like Bootstrap or Semantic?

• Hello,

I'm thinking of making an user interface by using CSS framework (like Bootstrap, Materialize or Semantic) instead of using the interface of Krpano itself.

By "interface" here, I mean I'm trying to make the menus, links, intro images, navigation map... all by HTML, CSS and JQUERY, and keep krpano only for playing each single panorama.

The reason I wanted to do this because I feel that the menus, buttons which come together with krpano package is quite not-good-looking and not easy to customize.

Has anyone experience similar work? please share your experience and links if you're happy to.

Thanks!!

• Hi,

technically this would be no problem, the viewer itself acts as normal html element, just place your own interface above it.

The only thing I would recommend to consider is touch/multi-device/browser support in your custom elements, e.g. to avoid unintended page-scrolling, scrollbars, wrong-dragging and so on. That's something that's krpano automatically does for its own elements, but for own external elements this need to get implemented by yourself. Therefore test your html/css/js on all many real devices and browsers as possible.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• The reason I wanted to do this because I feel that the menus, buttons which come together with krpano package is quite not-good-looking and not easy to customize.

They are pretty easy to modify, IMO. Just create your own buttons, etc, which you would have to do anyway, and use those instead of stock versions. Everything else can be accomplished by modifying the template file(s). In the end, I think you would find that easier than what you are contemplating and you would have guaranteed compatibility.

Also, consider some of the custom templates available elsewhere on

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!