krpano in embedded browser component

• Hi!

I'm doing some experimenting in embedding the krpano html5 viewer in a desktop app, so not in a traditional browser window, but in a compact browser component used as part of a desktop application.
    I was intenting to use the makescreenshot api, but unfortunately I found that the krpano.webGL is undefined. I'd think it's simply because this browser component doesn't have webgl capabilities, but that is not true, first if I open https://get.webgl.orgit shows that I do have webgl functionality, and also if I open the debug window it says "INFO: HTML5/Desktop - Chrome 67.0 - WebGL" so it seems there is WebGL capability just fine.

My embedding parameters are also ok, html: "webgl+only". Any ideas why the krpano.webGL returns as undefined?

• Hi,

Any ideas why the krpano.webGL returns as undefined?

The only possibility that I could currently image is that the krpano version would be way too old...
    But for using the makescreenshot api it should be at least krpano 1.19-pr15 anyway...

So no real idea...
    I would say something in your example setup is wrong...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I am using the latest, PR16 version.

Following up on this case I did a little test, opened a page capable of detailing some of the capabilities and limitations of the actual browser in this particular embedded browser module.

You can view the results here: http://html5test.com/s/a6248640748a8445.html

Anything that might give a clue as to why it's returning null for the krpano.webgl?

Or any other idea/suggestion on what should I test further? Like I mentioned earlier, get.webgl.org tells me I have webgl (as does the html5test site), and I'm using the latest krpano version. Something's fishy here :)

EDIT: I actually tried loading the makescreenshot example from here on krpano.com into the browser module and everything works fine there. Very strange, now it's a matter of me trying to find out what is the difference between your example and my code...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von webseta (10. Oktober 2018 um 12:35)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!