Problem in iOS 12 with fullscreen mode on iPad

• In iOS 12 Apple have implemented a security feature which detects rapid interaction with the iPad screen when in fullscreen mode and displays a warning message in the centre of the display which reads -

'It looks like you are typing while in full screen. Typing is not allowed in full-screen websites. "website-name" may be showing a fake keyboard to trick you into disclosing personal or financial information'

The problem for us is that dragging rapidly to scroll a panorama while in fullscreen mode can trigger the feature, and while I'm sure Apple have implemented this with the best of intentions, I guess none of us would want that message displayed over our work. I have been able to replicate the problem not only with panos displayed via krpano but also those created and displayed with other software.

Consequently, for now at least, I have modified the declaration of the fullscreen button in my vtourskin.xml files to change the devices statement from -

devices="fullscreensupport"
    to -
    devices="fullscreensupport+!ipad"

I do not have access to an iPhone running iOS 12 so I don't know whether the same thing happens with them - any feedback would be much appreciated.

I have been in touch with Klaus and he is aware of the problem.

Regards

Andrew

• Hi,

I'm aware of the new and a bit weird iOS 12 iPad HTML5-fullscreen-mode (btw - that's iPad only, the iPhone didn't get fullscreen mode support).

It was already there in the iOS 12 beta versions and I have reported the problems with it to Apple and hoped there would be still a change or improvement before the final iOS 12 version, but unfortunately not...

For the next krpano version I have therefore blacklisted the fullscreen mode for the iPad by default.

For manually disabling for fullscreen mode for iPads already with the current versions add this line anywhere to your xml:

Code
    <set var="device.fullscreensupport" val="false" if="device.ipad AND device.iosversion GE 12" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!