Cubestripe edge issue

• Hi!

I would like to report a bug in Krpano using cubstripe. My current version is 1.19-pr14, of course, I did upgrade to the newest version but the problem still exists!

The problem is on the cubstripe with edge joins. There are visible cube edges on the screen... have a look on the picture below.

and

Used resolution:
    - 6144x1024 px this is POWER OF TWO and generate LINES on edges joins - BAD
    - 9216x1536 px this is not POWER OF TWO and DO NOT generate LINES - OK
    - 8190x1365 px this is not POWER OF TWO and generate LINES on edges joins - BAD

Additionally, i'm was using different configuration for mipmapping and problem still exist. I'm not using any scale's image on krpano.
    Could you explain me what is going on?

Greetings.

• Zitat

Why are you using such image size for cubestrip ?

Firstly, Why not? Is any recommended resolution for cubstipe?

Zitat

why not just using cube sides ?

Secondly, this is the most popular format rendered by V-ray

• Hi,

please post a link to your example!

There is no known problem here and getting wrong edges would be strange...

Btw - mipmapping is not supported for cubestrip images.

About cubestrip image usage itself - they are more inefficient to load and to decode compared to separated cube-faces or even tiled images.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

how did you use that image in krpano?

By using the krpano tools (they would convert it to separated cube-faces) or directly?
    And if directly with which striporder settings?

Ideally also provide a link to your example (not to the image).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• The problem is not in krpano, the problem is in rendered file. If V-Ray returned 'cubstripe' as .jpg neighbor pixels between faces are averaged and compressed.

Thank you for your interest.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!