Black screen on loadscene android

• Hello,
    We are using krpano in an android application which worked fine until we discovered a weird behavior on some android versions (6.0.1). The bug does not exist in version 7.0 nor 8.0.
    The viewer works once in two calls :

• We call loadscene the first time it works
    • Second call to loadscene we have a black screen (even for the same 360 image).
    • Third call works fine.
    • Fourth call gives a black screen.

And so on.

I do not have the problem with android versions 7.0 nor 8.0. Ios and desktop browsers work fine.

I am using the latest krpano version 1.19-pr16.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Hi,

that's a core bug in Chrome 69 itself, your tested Android version are probably using webviews with that Chrome version.
    Only single-res images larger than the maximum supported texture size (typically 4096x4096) are affected.

For the next krpano release I have already developed a workaround for it, but in newer Chrome versions (I think with Chrome 70 and newer) it is already fixed too.

Here a manual workaround for the moment - just add these lines anywhere in the xml:

Code
    <events name="androidchrome69largeimagebugworkaround" keep="true"
            if="device.android AND device.chrome AND device.chromeversion == 69"
            onxmlcomplete="set(device.ios,true); if(global.backup_gyro_state === null, copy(global.backup_gyro_state,plugin[skin_gyro].enabled); set(plugin[skin_gyro].enabled,false); );"
            onloadcomplete="delayedcall(1, set(device.ios,false); if(global.backup_gyro_state, copy(plugin[skin_gyro].enabled,global.backup_gyro_state); delete(global.backup_gyro_state); ););"
            />

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!