You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, November 5th 2018, 11:48am

Black screen on loadscene android

Hello,
We are using krpano in an android application which worked fine until we discovered a weird behavior on some android versions (6.0.1). The bug does not exist in version 7.0 nor 8.0.
The viewer works once in two calls :
  • We call loadscene the first time it works
  • Second call to loadscene we have a black screen (even for the same 360 image).
  • Third call works fine.
  • Fourth call gives a black screen.
And so on.

I do not have the problem with android versions 7.0 nor 8.0. Ios and desktop browsers work fine.

I am using the latest krpano version 1.19-pr16.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Monday, November 5th 2018, 12:19pm

Hi,

that's a core bug in Chrome 69 itself, your tested Android version are probably using webviews with that Chrome version.
Only single-res images larger than the maximum supported texture size (typically 4096x4096) are affected.

For the next krpano release I have already developed a workaround for it, but in newer Chrome versions (I think with Chrome 70 and newer) it is already fixed too.

Here a manual workaround for the moment - just add these lines anywhere in the xml:

Source code

<events name="androidchrome69largeimagebugworkaround" keep="true"
        if="device.android AND device.chrome AND device.chromeversion == 69"
        onxmlcomplete="set(device.ios,true); if(global.backup_gyro_state === null, copy(global.backup_gyro_state,plugin[skin_gyro].enabled); set(plugin[skin_gyro].enabled,false); );"
        onloadcomplete="delayedcall(1, set(device.ios,false); if(global.backup_gyro_state, copy(plugin[skin_gyro].enabled,global.backup_gyro_state); delete(global.backup_gyro_state); ););"
        />

Best regards,
Klaus

Monday, November 5th 2018, 1:39pm

Thanks alot
It works.