You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 1:55am

WOW Widget for Krpano

I have just designed a widget for my krpano I believe this is going to be a fantastic tool,my work flow was:

create pano
create youtube video
create link to website

Find a online widget creator provider that allows me to create widgets and flash apps (

Share this with your friends and see what they think of the interactive panoramic postcard

This is the tool that I used

please share your thoughts

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tim2420" (Nov 12th 2009, 10:30am)

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 6:23am

I don't get it. The link sent me to a video. I watched that for a while wondering what I was really meant to be looking at, then noticed an obscure overlay link, so clicked that and went to a normal panorama. I think I'm missing the pint here....

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 10:15am

A web widget is a portable chunk of code that can be installed and executed within any separate HTML-based web page by an end user without requiring additional compilation. They are derived from the idea of code reuse. Other terms used to describe web widgets include: gadget, badge, module, webjit, capsule, snippet, mini and flake. Web widgets usually but not always use DHTML, JavaScript, or Adobe Flash.
Widgets often take the form of on-screen tools (clocks, event countdowns, auction-tickers, stock market tickers, flight arrival information, daily weather etc).

The use of web widgets has been increasingly proposed as a marketing channel that could replace the less effective targeted banner ads and take advantage of the viral distribution in social networks. This usage has been criticized as ineffective [1] on the basis that users of a social space are not mainly in a mindset receptive to information exposition but one of content creation. source:wiki

Lets say you have buisness that wants to create a online marketing campaign showing the krpano tour well then you could make a widget

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 5:10pm

very interesting -- great idea -- thanks for sharing