A question about multires breakpoints

• I have a question for Klaus, please.

For all my panoramas I declare the FOV type as diagonal. That ensures that as a tablet is rotated between landscape and portrait views the size of the image on the screen remains much the same for both orientations, but is just cropped differently.

My starting points are usually equirectangular images of 10600 x 5300 pixels and I am allowing the viewer a minimal amount of zoom. For a current pano the declaration is as follows -

fovtype="DFOV" fov="97" fovmin="58" fovmax="97"

When I drop the equirectangular file onto the multires droplet I get tiles which make three cube sizes, and when I view the result on my 10.5" iPad Pro I find that at the fov of 97 the krpano viewer is using the middle cube size and when I zoom into an fov of 58 the viewer switches to the largest cube size. This is what I would expect and works fine.

However, if while viewing the pano at fov=58 I turn the iPad to a vertical orientation I can see the quality of the image drop as the krpano viewer drops down to the middle cube size. When I return the iPad to landscape mode the quality improves again.

Thus I have a situation where the image content of the pano remains the same size between landscape and portrait modes (because of the DFOV declaration) but the sharpness of the image drops from being good in landscape mode to slightly fuzzy in portrait mode.

Is there any way around this, please?

Regards

Andrew

• Hi,

there can be several reasons, please post your example for getting a correct answer.

About the DFOV - the diagonal field of view is based on the 'window-size' and that can be different between landscape and portrait orientation because of the browser UI.

Beside of that - you could adjust the multiresolution-level-switching by the multiresthreshold setting:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image.multiresthreshold

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!