You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jonnie

Beginner

• "Jonnie" started this thread

Occupation: ex Software Architect 20 years (Aerospace Industry), then hotel owner now campground owner, I do some IT consultancy

Wednesday, April 24th 2019, 11:50am

Simple Hotspot Tool

Hi
I have had a number of years break from coding in KRPANO and so I am still trying to remember things.
Can anyone remind me of a simple hotspot tool that does not rely on droplets - I am working on LINUX so droplets will not work for me as they are based on OS specific code.

What I want to do is to be able to run a tour in my browser, click on a point in a scene and be given the numeric values for ath and atv ( horizontal and vertical coordinates) which I can then hand code myself into the XML. Alternatively it could just give me a live value for ath and atv and I could simply zoom my centre of vision in on the place where I want the hotspot to appear.

At the moment I am using educated guesses and then refining by repeated visits which is time consuming.
I do not want a tool that creates the tour or writes XML I just want the numeric values.

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Wednesday, April 24th 2019, 12:07pm

Hi,

i think my ToolBox does exactly what you need.
https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p…74910#post74910

Press T to show hide.
use the 'numbers' section, put your mouse and or set your view and press P

Hope it helps,
Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Jonnie

Beginner

Occupation: ex Software Architect 20 years (Aerospace Industry), then hotel owner now campground owner, I do some IT consultancy

Wednesday, April 24th 2019, 4:42pm

Hi,

i think my ToolBox does exactly what you need.
https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p…74910#post74910

Press T to show hide.
use the 'numbers' section, put your mouse and or set your view and press P

Hope it helps,
Tuur *thumbsup*

Hi Tuur
Thanks very much for taking the time to let me know - that is exactly what I am looking for - excellent, now it will take a little less time
I think.
Jonnie *g* *g* *g*

Jonnie

Beginner

Wednesday, April 24th 2019, 5:06pm

Hi Tuur
Just some feedback for you.
It works great

I am on Linux using the Mozilla browser.

There is one small thing which may be a bug I am not sure.
The Look at numbers all work but the mouse numbers were static and did not change,
Then I tried G for the grid and the mouse numbers all started moving and seemed correct.
It seems for me I need to have G "on" for the mouse numbers to work.
I would not call this an issue, as long as I know then it works fine for me and all is good.
I just wanted to give the information so you have it.

Jonnie
*smile*