You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 1:46pm

best parameters for export videopano (rate? mp4 or/and webm?...)

Hello
sometimes i have pb with my videopanos, it is most in the case when my video are very heavy... i think i'm not a good "adobe premiere exporter"...
Your opinion is welcome for my questions, for you :
What are the best parameters to keep good quality? to have a good looking in VR mode?
Which type of file keep the best quality: mp4 or webm?
Which rate (0-100 mbits/sec) for a good looking do i have to use in exporting in adobe premiere ? other parameters?

Thank's a lot for your opinion about this subject :-)
Bye

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 5:34pm

Hello,
I personnaly prefer webm, ffmpeg is very well documented on how to have the better possible quality.
Have a nice day :)

Friday, May 3rd 2019, 9:46am

Thank you very much, i use webm too, files aren't so big as mp4 or others, but the quality of webm is quite bad...i don't know ffmpeg, i will try to understand it...
Others?

Tuesday, May 7th 2019, 12:12pm

Hi,

there is no 'best', it depends on the video-content itself and also the devices and users you want to support.

E.g. more powerful devices are like more able to decode higher-spec videos with good performance than slower devices.
Same for the network connection - faster connections allow higher bitrates then slower ones.
Additionally also server/traffic cost can be a topic.

So the video encoding can be something very individually, maybe just research a bit and test/measure as much cases/devices as possible...

Best regards,
Klaus