maxpixelzoom issue with Win10 display scale

• Hi,

I recently change my old fullHD (1920*1200px) 24" screen for a 4k (3840*2160px) 32" screen, so I use the 150% display scale on Win10.
    I realize that the maxpixelzoom value of 1 did not prevent pixel scaling of the source image with my new configuration *sad*

I found a solution by getting the value of window.devicePixelRatio with JS:

It works fine for flat panorama/image, but for spherical/cube panorama it seems there is another unknown factor XX to be taking account *confused*

• Hi,

it's intentionally that the pixelratio is not included in the maxpixelzoom calculation.

Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to do any zooming when the pano-image itself is not that highres and using a hidpi-screen. That can happen very often especially on mobile devices.

Originally the pixelratio was even included, but there were several reports about that 'zooming-problem', so it was removed later.

Btw - the 'window.devicePixelRatio' is already available in krpano as 'device.pixelratio'.

You could e.g. do also something like this:

Code
    <view maxpixelzoom="calc:1.0 / device.pixelratio" />

About the maxpixelzoom on non-flat panos - a pano has a curved surface and not an even pixel-distribution that curviness is included in the calculation.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!