krpano on GitLab or similar service with Guest Access?

• Hi Klaus,

First of all: thank you for creating and maintaining such a nice piece of software!

Would you be willing to add your software to GitLab as a private repository with Guest Access enabled? I think this would be a good idea to further involve the community and help you with the development. If you would give Guest Access the source would not be public but we could add issues, test, etc.

All the best,
    Redmar

• LOL, krpano is a commercial and paid product. You guys seriously expect it to get shared for free on gitlab,
    where you have no control over what others do with your investment, knowhow and years of work?
    *confused*

Hi, I think you didn't understood what I meant: if Klaus would create a private repository with guest access on Gitlab nobody but Klaus would be able to see or download the source code. Everybody could add issues and Klaus could use it to distribute all versions and solve issues.

I would definitely not expect Klaus to share everything for free; I just want to help Klaus with the development and Gitlab would be a great tool in my opinion. Check out the permission model of Gitlab https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/permissions.html for more info if you would like to know more.

All the best,
    Redmar

• Klaus could run the git/issue tracking system on his own server (here) see https://gitea.com/

He may already run a git server inhouse

the only thing I can see it being usefully is for a beta testing program or for bleeding-edge software, but Klaus has never had a closed beta testing program to my knowledge

• the only thing I can see it being usefully is for a beta testing program or for bleeding-edge software

Our clients use it to create issues with the software. For us it's much easier to maintain than a forum for example. For the clients it's easy to see the updates on the issue and to search if there are knowm similar issues. But ofcourse, it's just an opinion / tip and Klaus is doinig a great job on Customer support already!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!