Vtour makes only 2 images (instead of 9)

• Hello KRPano community,
    First of all, it's an amazing software and I'm very happy to use it.

I'm just starting and I have successfully made a gigapixel from a microscope scan in one nice zoomable panorama *smile*

However I have a problem when I try to put several images (that I want to link with hotspots):

- I dropped 8 JPG images and 1 PSB image in the "MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet" and everything seemed OK
    - I can see in the folder "vtour/panos" all the 9 panoramas
    - Inside the tour.xml, I also see the 9 images
    - However when I open the testingserver.exe (or drop the tour.xml in the KRPano Tools), I see only 2 images instead of 9

Do you have an idea why?
    Many thanks in advance!
    All the best,
    Emilien

• Dear Alexey,
    Thank you so much for your reply. There was indeed "devices="flash" on all the panorama that were not visible!
    Do you know why this code was automatically added? Strange!
    Anyways, now it's working fine :)
    Many thanks!
    Once the website is up and running, I will share the link *thumbsup*

• Well, it's not yet working unfortunately...

after removing "devices="flash" I can see the 9 images, so that's great!
    But except for the 2 images that are originally working fine, the other 7 have a message saying "loading..." and nothing happens, so I have the thumbnail in full screen and no panorama loading.
    I looked in the code and I saw that the 2 good images were considered as cylinder and the other 7 as sphere (which I didn't choose at the beginning).

So I replaced all the "sphere" with "cylinder" but it still shows the "loading" and the panorama are not loading. Really strange!
    Any other useful ideas?
    Many thanks!

• Hi,

the current version doesn't support multiresolution sphere and cylinder images that have a hfov larger than 1.0 in the HTML5 viewer.
    That's also the reason why the tools are adding devices="flash" to such images.

When trying to load such panos, there will be only a warning in the log, nothing more.
    That means there will be also no oncomplete event and so the 'loading...' layer from the skin doesn't get hidden.

But there will be very soon a new krpano version and there multiresolution sphere and cylinder images are also supported in HTML5 now.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Dear Klaus,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me!
    All my pictures are flat panorama, so I think they should be all considered as cylinder, right?
    After reading your comments, I did the following:
    - I replaced all the "sphere" with "cylinder"
    - I removed the device=flash
    - I changed the HFOV value to 1 and calculated the VFOV accordingly so that the ratio stays the same and... it's working now *w00t*
    So the main question now is: why do "MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet" think that some pictures are sphere and not cylinder?
    Could it be that AutoPanoGiga put some metadata in the JPG files? How can you force KRPano to see them as cylinder?

Thank you so much for your help!
    All the best,
    Emilien

• Hi,

All my pictures are flat panorama, so I think they should be all considered as cylinder, right?

Yes, sphere or cylinder images with a hfov <= 1.0 are considered as FLAT panos.

I changed the HFOV value to 1 and calculated the VFOV accordingly so that the ratio stays the same and... it's working now

Just as note - setting VFOV would be not necessary, it would also get calculated automatically based on the image-aspect and the image-type.

So the main question now is: why do "MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet" think that some pictures are sphere and not cylinder?
    Could it be that AutoPanoGiga put some metadata in the JPG files? How can you force KRPano to see them as cylinder?

Yes, with the default panotype=autodetect setting, the tools will used the EXIF metadata from AutopanoGiga (in the release also the XMP metadata from PTGUI). Manually setting a panotype would avoid that.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• is this software free

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!