• Hi,

i still find an/the issue on the preview image on larger panos.
    I dropped a 66222 x 33111 pano on MAKE VTOUR (VR-OPT) Droplet

Thanks for reporting, yes there is a bug and you're right about the preview type.

When the pano width is larger than the converttocubemaxwidth setting from the config file (which is 60000 by default), then the sphere-to-cube conversion is skipped and the pano will be processed as spherical pano.

And the bug is that the preview image will be still build as cube-strip pano - and as seen without telling the xml that the preview pano is a cubestrip. Without explicit type setting, the viewer assumes the preview pano has the same time as the main pano image.

The problem could be fixed by adding the preview type in the xml, but the more correct solution should be to build the preview pano image also as spherical image in this case.

This will be fixed in the next release (1.20.7).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• It is not possible to set a custom mouse cursor when the layer attribute bgcapture is set to true. This is normal?
    Here is an example

How do I send mouse events to a layer while having a custom cursor?

translation difficulties *huh*

• Hi,

please check and confirm that border of polygonal hotspots are unclickable now (not hovered, no onclick reaction)
    unlike the krpano v1.19 and earlier

Right, when rendered by WebGL the borders of polygonal hotspots are not clickable for performance reasons.
    But in the next release there will be a new setting (borderhittest) to enable them optionally for hit-testing.

Another way to make them clickable would be using renderer="css3d", then they get rendered by SVG and hit-tested by the browser (but that's slower and don't work in VR).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• krpano 1.20.7

here the next krpano release:
    krpano 1.20.7
    Release Notes

Some notes about this release:

• This release is especially important for the VR-support in the latest Oculus Browser version 9.* (for Oculus Go, Oculus Quest and GearVR). There it fixes VR rendering problems like a too low multi-resolution-level, too large non-distorted hotspots and a too small display in the left-bottom corner during blending or when using post-processing.
    • The krpano tools avoid now the creation of temporary files when doing the sphere-to-cube conversion or when splitting stereo-images into separate files for processing. This increases the memory-usage, but therefore speed-up the processing when using slow-disks or network-drives.
    • When hotspots images would be too large for a certain device, then they will automatically internally downscaled now.
    • When using <include> elements inside a <scene>, then these includes will be first loaded when loading the actual scene instead of loading all the includes already when loading the main xml. When using a lot of scenes with includes, this can noticeable speedup the startup.
    • On iPads the Fullscreen-Mode is supported now.
    • The Panotour Pro Update Package got several updates for sound, video and web-content-hotspots support.

Best regards,
    Klaus

When using <include> elements inside a <scene>, then these includes will be first loaded when loading the actual scene instead of loading all the includes already when loading the main xml. When using a lot of scenes with includes, this can noticeable speedup the startup.

*love*
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• On iPads the Fullscreen-Mode is supported now.

From the dokumentation I read that this is New: Enable the Fullscreen Mode support for newer iPadOS versions.

Klaus can you tell what IOS version. And how new should it be to support it.
    My iPad is the first Air version from 2014 and it can not be updated to the later IOS versions.
    I do not see the fullscreen button.

Fortunatelly I left the place empty for the fullscreen button on my Museum tour so I hope there will not be a problem.
    Have to check through all my tours if they have Fullscreen skins.

Edited once, last by HansNyb (May 25, 2020 at 11:12 PM).

• Hi,

From the dokumentation I read that this is New: Enable the Fullscreen Mode support for newer iPadOS versions.
    Klaus can you tell what IOS version. And how new should it be to support it.
    My iPad is the first Air version from 2014 and it can not be updated to the later IOS versions.
    I do not see the fullscreen button.

The fullscreen support for iPad is enabled (white-listed) for iOS 13.4 and higher now.

In older iOS versions swipping/dragging/moving the finger anywhere slightly downward was moving the whole screen and exiting the fullscreen mode - and because this was in conflict with the normal pano controls, the fullscreen mode was black-listed on iPads.

With iOS 13.4 Apple had removed/corrected that strange behavior, so now normally controlling is possible in fullscreen mode too.
    But note - iOS always add a 'X' button in the left/top corner when in fullscreen mode for exiting it, that can't be removed.

Few day ago you had talk that Krpano will be able to have 3d model without using treejs, did it still on your plan ?

Yes, of course.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

one note about the 1.20.7 release - there is a new release online, same version number, but build-date 2020-05-26.

In the previous release from yesterday I forgot accidentally to remove an internal debug message. When doing an invalid array access like 'item[]' or calling getItem(null) from JS there was a console.log message in the browser log. In normal or correct usage that log message shouldn't appear, but just to make sure, it was removed now and new build released.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• The fullscreen support for iPad is enabled (white-listed) for iOS 13.4 and higher now.

Thanks

I did some research and got this.
    The new iPadOS 13.4 will work with all iPad Pro models, the iPad Air 2 or later, iPad fifth generation or later, and iPad mini 4 or later.

So its just the iPad 1 which I have that does not have it. Older that iPad1 are probably quite rare.

• The fullscreen support for iPad is enabled (white-listed) for iOS 13.4 and higher now.

I suppose it is the same problem that makes the popup iFrame unusable for scrolling.
    And I assume that is not only on iPad but also iPhone.

That means it will take at lest 6 months before it can be used,
    13.4 was only only 10% at the end of April and 13.3 took 4 months to get up to 75%

• I suppose it is the same problem that makes the popup iFrame unusable for scrolling.

Maybe the old iOS version is the reason, but sorry, I have currently no old iOS device where the scrolling doesn't work...

And I assume that is not only on iPad but also iPhone.

No iPhone, the fullscreen mode is only provided on the iPad (ask Apple for the why ;-)).

• Hi Klaus,
    Thanks a lot for your work, its really great. Unfortunatley I still have problems to view my vr tours made with VTOUR (VR-OPT) in Oculus Go (Browser 9.2...)
    The Oculus Browser (unlike samsung or firefox on Oculus go) does not recognize my tour (made with 1.20.7) as VR. The Button "Enter VR" does not appear. When I set it manualy to VR360, it enters VR-mode, but displays only a distorted 180 degrees picture. I tried to find out something about this issue in the forum, but didnt find anything... Am I the only one with this problem, did I make a basic mistake??
    Thx for your help

• Hi Klaus,
    Thanks a lot for your work, its really great. Unfortunatley I still have problems to view my vr tours made with VTOUR (VR-OPT) in Oculus Go (Browser 9.2...)
    The Oculus Browser (unlike samsung or firefox on Oculus go) does not recognize my tour (made with 1.20.7) as VR. The Button "Enter VR" does not appear. When I set it manualy to VR360, it enters VR-mode, but displays only a distorted 180 degrees picture. I tried to find out something about this issue in the forum, but didnt find anything... Am I the only one with this problem, did I make a basic mistake??
    Thx for your help

Try to add webxr: "auto" in embedpano and check that your oculus browser is not simulating desktop device.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!