You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuur

Sage

• "Tuur" started this thread

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Tuesday, September 10th 2019, 11:11am

videoplayer behaviour changed

Hi,

in previous version it was possible to playback a 360 video without any screen touch.
Also when the video has sound.

It seems that the new/current version (1.20) does not playback automatically when the video has audio.
Is this intended or to be expected behaviour?
I suppose it has to do with the new sound interface.

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tuur" (Sep 10th 2019, 11:30am)

Wednesday, September 11th 2019, 10:47am

Hi,

the videoplayer plugin behavior itself hasn't been changed but the behavior of the browsers has been recently changed.

Previously only mobile browsers needed a user-interaction (touch/click) to play a media file (sound or video), now also desktop browser do (in slightly different ways in each browser).

But the videoplayer plugin will wait automatically for getting the required user interaction, so a click or touch anywhere on the screen should be enough to start the video.

And to have more control about that behavior there are the new onneeduserinteraction/ongotuserinteraction events:
https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/#…userinteraction

Best regards,
Klaus

HansNyb

Professional

Tuesday, April 7th 2020, 2:25pm

But the videoplayer plugin will wait automatically for getting the required user interaction, so a click or touch anywhere on the screen should be enough to start the video.

I have to say I give up on videos now. After updating to 1.20.5 videos do not work on mobiles.
It did not work on Android already with 1.19 but Now my iPhone does not open any videos even with cllick on it.
iPad changed from automatic opening even at start to now show a text saying to click on it.
I have digged up my Samsung Note from 2016 to test and it does not even show an image to click on.

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

HansNyb

Professional

Tuesday, April 7th 2020, 3:47pm

Solved it . First of all i needed to delete all caches.

That has become a pain in the ass not just on iphone but apparently also on Android.
Even if initially xml loads the new one secondary linked from it like the skin.xml does not.

Even my desktop Safari has been changed and the option to disable caches has been deleted in the latest versions.
Its really a pain when doing any changes as you have to delete the cache manually each time.

But I still have a big problem as Android or maybe my Samsung Note take ages to download initially files.
For some reason Android seems to download all textfiles from start even if the xml is linked in each scene.
I can not find any other reason why it takes 38 sec on Android to startup while my iPhone takes 3 sec.

HansNyb

Professional

Tuesday, April 7th 2020, 4:13pm

Fuck Android. Finally got the videos working fine on Mobile Chrome but Firefox give a pixelationshow with sound , Never seeen anything like this.

And the standard Internet browser does not show videos at all but a black screen where the video is. It does not even show the poster image.
Even if this Samsung Note is from 2016 it should work OK

spacerywirtualne

Professional

Tuesday, April 7th 2020, 6:04pm

Some time ago I also had a problem with firefox. I fixed this by using webm file instead of mp4.

https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/#preferredformat

Maybe it will help ...

Piotr
Your own online, cloud tool for creating virtual tours - www.cms4vr.com

facebook page :: youtube

cms4vr team *thumbsup*

Tuur

Sage

Tuesday, April 7th 2020, 6:16pm

I also 'always' serve mp4 and webm as well..
Which is inconveniant, but seems still to be needed.
I often use Miro video converter to create webm.(mac)

Tuur *thumbsup*

HansNyb

Professional

Thursday, April 16th 2020, 1:11pm

My only problem is Android- However I only have an Samsung Note from 2016 to test with

Videos do not play at all in the Standard browser. Only in Chrome.
The Standard Internet Browser does not even show the poster image.

I updated to 1.20.5 with no differnce. I have tried webm earlier but it does not make a difference.

Of course the System is old. The Note does not support newer then KitKat

Tuur

Sage

Thursday, April 16th 2020, 1:51pm

Hi Hans,

i just checked my above shared links on android samsung S7 on chrome and firefox.
Seems to just work.

Please share/post a link to your project (perhaps in PM?).. so we can test/help.

Tuur *thumbsup*

HansNyb

Professional

Friday, April 17th 2020, 8:58pm

Hi Hans,

i just checked my above shared links on android samsung S7 on chrome and firefox.
Seems to just work.

Please share/post a link to your project (perhaps in PM?).. so we can test/help.
Please test this one.

This one has video on first pano and No 13.

http://360-foto.dk/kinesisk-besog/

Both works in Chrome on My Samsung. Even if it may take several clicks on it to start.
Internet Browser is just a black space.