Everpano3D 1.1 - Feedback and requests

• I open this topic to share some feedbacks and some requests that maybe Jordi and Klaus might found useful *smile* I know that there is a menu in the software, but I think it would be great to share and discuss about some ideas with everyone *smile*

1. All the modelling is based with transparent colours. I'm colourblind and sometimes I've got some difficulties to see if I drew or not a surface. Coud it be possible to add an "opaque mode", with no transparency?
    2. When I select an element I don't see any change. Could it be possible to "bold" the element or any other visual effect?
    3. When the modelling become complex, it's not easy to delete an element. Often I delete the wrong one because they are overlapping. An option could be to add a numbering of the surfaces and elements, with a window which show all the elements. When an element/surface is selected in this window, we can see it in the main window (see 2. for the effect) and it would be easy to erase. I word every day with finite element software and we have this kind of tool.
    4. When we bought this software it's to navigate inside the panorama. It's very disturbing to not be able to move after the first render. So either automatically add the navigation code inside the main.xml file or add some documentation in the website (maybe a video too?)
    5. Navigation plug in: the website is not very clear about the purpose of it. Maybe the webpage could be improve?
    6. Mac: the notifications are buggy: sometimes in a few seconds the software generate more than 40 notification. I think that notification is not the right tool to inform the user about what wrong he does. I think notification should be only used to inform the user when the render is done.
    • When we navigate and if we go behind a pillar (as in the abbu simple demo), the pillar become invisible. It would be grate to add the same texture than tin the front (with a projection?)
  • Few additions:

7. Cylinder tool - define diameter + height.
    8. In dolls house mode, mouse right click and drag to move model around (like Sketchfab).
    9. Measurement tool? Maybe if you define the known size of a length or height, you should be able to make approximate measurements anywhere?

Maybe beyond the scope of what you envisaged but how about the ability to drop in pre-built objects - so say drop in a 2 seater sofa of generic design which can then be resized/manipulated to suit.

That could potentially lead to virtual staging?

GK

• When I trace a surface, sometimes I made a mistake. It would be great to press the "Esc" key tow abort the action. For the moment, I have to finish the surface and delete it.
    • Change the mouse icon according to the selected tool

Edited once, last by Edge@51 (September 13, 2019 at 8:40 PM).

• Hi,

All the modelling is based with transparent colours. I'm colourblind and sometimes I've got some difficulties to see if I drew or not a surface. Coud it be possible to add an "opaque mode", with no transparency?

pressing ⇧ + a makes the polygon that mouse is over more opaque, also if it's a complex polygon it will show the triangulation result so you can verify it was done correctly.

When I select an element I don't see any change. Could it be possible to "bold" the element or any other visual effect?

Actually there's no concept of selecting, you just create or modify or delete. You mean when you are over a vertical line to get it thicker so you make sure you are selecting it ?

When the modelling become complex, it's not easy to delete an element. Often I delete the wrong one because they are overlapping. An option could be to add a numbering of the surfaces and elements, with a window which show all the elements. When an element/surface is selected in this window, we can see it in the main window (see 2. for the effect) and it would be easy to erase. I word every day with finite element software and we have this kind of tool.

Something like that, like the layers in photoshop will be added in future version.

When we bought this software it's to navigate inside the panorama. It's very disturbing to not be able to move after the first render. So either automatically add the navigation code inside the main.xml file or add some documentation in the website (maybe a video too?)

In the current build it's already added, so in the main.xml you will find this code

Code
    <!-- ADDITIONAL WALK NAVIGATION -->
        <!-- <include url="depthmap_navigation.xml" /> -->

Just uncomment and comment the navigator plugin and you are ready to go.

Also with the Navigator Pro you have the walking mode, that is not only allowing you to walk around, but it also detects if you are close to another panorama and load it, there are many attributes to adjust the moment when it loads other panos, and also if you want to keep current position or make a transition to the other panorama.

Navigation plug in: the website is not very clear about the purpose of it. Maybe the webpage could be improve?

Please have a look at the documentation, there you will find detailed explanations.
    Also there's an specific post in the forum to ask or talk about the plugin.

Mac: the notifications are buggy: sometimes in a few seconds the software generate more than 40 notification. I think that notification is not the right tool to inform the user about what wrong he does. I think notification should be only used to inform the user when the render is done.

Will check that point.

When we navigate and if we go behind a pillar (as in the abbu simple demo), the pillar become invisible. It would be grate to add the same texture than tin the front (with a projection?)

That's because of the normals of the plane, they are pointing to the oposite side , so it the plane becomes invisible. Hopefully in future versions, there will be a more complex texture management that will allow to correct that behaviour.

Cylinder tool - define diameter + height.

Already coded and tested just as you say diameter + height, in 3 clicks you can define it, the problem comes when you need to fine tune it from other locations. I need to wrap it inside a mesh modifier otherwise you need to be touching too many vertical lines. Same for sphere, cone, ...
    By now you can simplify it as a cube or you can even make a quite nice cylinder with the extruded polygon tool.

In dolls house mode, mouse right click and drag to move model around (like Sketchfab).

In dolls house you can move point of view by using AWSD key.

Measurement tool? Maybe if you define the known size of a length or height, you should be able to make approximate measurements anywhere?

everpano 3D is already taking in care of every measure you draw. About allowing to take measures in the tour, you will see that soon *wink*

When I trace a surface, sometimes I made a mistake. It would be great to press the "Esc" key tow abort the action. For the moment, I have to finish the surface and delete it.

Yes that happens ! Nice idea will add it very soon.

Change the mouse icon according to the selected tool

Will test that.

Thanks for all that feedback, as soon as I implement it I'll let you know

Kind regards

• Thank you for your answers *smile*
    I'll continue to give my feedbacks, I hope they would help you. By the way, the software is really great, I have a lot to fun with my old an new panos *thumbup*

• Hi,

When I trace a surface, sometimes I made a mistake. It would be great to press the "Esc" key tow abort the action. For the moment, I have to finish the surface and delete it.

That is already implemented in the latest build. Not only for polygon creation but also for cube and extruded polygon.
    So now if you make a mistake while in the process of making one of those 3 elements you can escape that creation by just pressing esc

Kind regards

• Hi Jordi,

LOVE playing with your software many thanks for the tuts and help videos getting started!

Couple of possible features that would be nice to have in future updates i noticed when creating my stadium model, would be

make it possible to change color of some line point circles so users can easily see which are at different depths. As the first color is red if you have complex area with lots of lines sometimes its hard to distinguish which is which. So a simple way to click the red circle and go to a color option in top nav menu, might be useful for users to easily identify the lines they have have different depths.. Hope this makes sense ?

I wonder also if it would be helpful when duplicating a line, to be able to press 'shift' and drag the line to lock the line elevation when you drag it ? I had to duplicate a few lines, and when dragging into place (especially on far away distances) found it difficult to keep the same elevation even though i could see the circle markers were close to the line duplicated it was tricky, and a simple shift click (like photoshop) would be helpful.

Just a couple of ideas, you've done a superb job already so many thanks again !

tom

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!