You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, September 20th 2019, 6:57pm

How to change the parameters of the styles for virtual controllers ?

Hi all,

For VR mode in VR headsets with controllers (like Oculus Quest), how to change the parameters of the styles for virtual controllers ?
To change things like the white target point that becomes green when it hits a hotspot. This point is always visible with handcursor or light + target styles. It seems it's depth is something like 1000 units when not hovering a hotspot. How to change this depth default value ? Also how to change color or shape of this target point ? I think it's in the webvr.xml file but I don't know how to do.

Saturday, September 21st 2019, 10:43am

I found a message from Klaus that is somewhat related to this, here are some quotes :
Therefore in the new webvr.xml the vr_cursor has a depth of 120 (=120cm) by default. That's looks better in VR and is typically in front of the 3d-model (instead of somewhere behind it, which looks bad when actually behind but still rendered above).
With the vr-controllers it is similar, the 'point' is either rendered at the depth of the hotspot or at depth=1000 by default (defined in the webvr.xml in the 'vrcontroller_target_point' action). But with vr-controllers you need to image an line from the controller to that point.

I found this part in the file but don't know how to modify the code to change the depth default value of the target point (to make it other than 1000).
I want to put it nearer to the point of view because in standard stereoscopic panos (non-depthmap) at 10 meters the point will often appear behind walls or objects, which is a problem. If it is at around 1 meter it is enough to make it like a pointer and it will rarely cross objects. And it will still jump to any hotspot depth when the virtual line will cross one.
Someone knows how to do ?

Tuesday, September 24th 2019, 2:08pm

Ok for the depth of the target point I found the solution, actually it is very simple but I didn't see it at first.
It is just in this line in the webvr.xml file:
calc(distance, (caller.target AND caller.target.hitd GT 0 ? caller.target.hitd : 1000));