Walking speed, desktop and mobile

• Hi Jordi,

Firstly thank you soooooo much for the everpano software is really awesome and exciting to be doing new things..

I have made some tests and projects thanks to your helpful videos and tutorials, one of the first tests i thought would be cool to try would be a football stadium. I only have one pano shot from the center spot but am chuffed with the results.. Firstly i made a rectangle to explore in 3d but have since modelled the stadium stands as best I could. I have published the result for your feedback here

stadium link

What i have noticed however is the walking speed on mobile is much slower than desktop. I have entered a value that should be fastest just so i could try and get mobile walk speed faster, walkingSpeed = "1" but now desktop is too fast and mobile is too slow.

Is this because of the size of the area I am trying to walk around or have you any tips for increasing speed on mobile whilst reducing on desktop a bit ?

many thanks, I look forward to your feedback. I have modelled more the stadium but lack the textures behind the model so for this demo took them off.

p.s. i also modelled the goals but it made the stands abit wavy around that area, so took them out.. Would be great in later additions to be able to put in an external model of goals.

best wishes,

tom

• Hi,

I have published the result for your feedback here

Looks very nice !!

Seems that you are using navigator plugin and depthmap_navigation.xml at the same time. So what happens is that on desktop with AWSD the value for navigator plugin is what rules the speed, and in mobile is the value from depthmap_navigation.xml.

So in that case, I would recommend just including the

Code
    <include url="%VIEWER%/plugins/depthmap_navigation.xml" />

and comment the

Code
    // <plugin name="navigator">

BTW - navigator plugin is mostly useful when you have a group of images and so you need to move from one to another, but with single image projects, you won't need it and can just use the depthmap_navigation.xml.

Kind regards

• Ah thanks Jordi !

That makes sense, I have updated the main.xml and uncommented the navigator plugin but still desktop moves alot faster than mobile. Its possible its because of the circle controller, once you hold and drag the circle for a while your finger has moved up to far up the phone, perhaps some sort of joystick would work better.

I have opened the depthmap_naviagtion.xml and tried changing var speed to 1 but it does not seem to make it faster. It could be also that the pitch is just along area to walk around.

Any other tips to speed it up please let me know as the effect i hope to get is more running ;)

thanks and best wishes,

tom

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!