Panotour Pro Update Package

• Ok, thx Klaus for this thread !

2 warnings are displayed on basic tour with 2 panos linked by a hotspot,

when hovering a hotspot we have:
    WARNING: Unknown function: get
    this is related to the action that builds the tooltip

when loading the new scene we have :
    WARNING: Unknown action: events.dispatch
    that's is the mainloadscene action (events.dispatch(onleavingscene, true);)

Encrypting files with panotour OR with Krpano tools does a xml parsing failure.

• Hi,

WARNING: Unknown function: get

That's because get() is used inside an expression (like in an if), but that's invalid code and never worked.

The new version supports now the new inline functions, that means function call inside expressions, and get() is no known function and therefore that warning.

To solve that I will add support for get() inside expression in the next release.

WARNING: Unknown action: events.dispatch

That's unfortunately a side effect of the new addevent feature - layer and hotspot elements have now their own 'events' variable. When running code inside the scope of the layer/hotspot the events variable from that scope is used instead of the global events variable.

That will fixed too in the next release, there I will either not expose the added events or use a differently named variable.

Encrypting files with panotour OR with Krpano tools does a xml parsing failure.

Will check that soon.
    But one note in advance - using the private-encryption from PTP will be not possible (but public-encryption should work). After updating the license information from krpano and not the one from PTP will be used. And the private-encryption-key is based on the license information.
    That means encryption would need to be done manually with the krpano tools after building the PTP output.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,

I discovered that Gyro is not working in tours made in Panotour Pro when viewed on a iOS13 device, not even after updating the Krpano player. Is there some code which has to be added manually to the XML to use the latest iOS13 conditions? Tried both Safari and Chrome, none works.
    Later edit: Same with VR, the buttons seem to be inactive. Tried replacing webvr.js and gyro2.js (which although I made the Krpano update I saw that have different filesizes compared to the standard krpano player package), and get the message on screen "VR mode is unavailable on your device". Tried the examples on krpano.com and gyro/VR are working on the standard krpano examples.

Edited 2 times, last by michaelpop (October 10, 2019 at 10:49 PM).

• Hello,

I discovered that Gyro is not working in tours made in Panotour Pro when viewed on a iOS13 device, not even after updating the Krpano player. Is there some code which has to be added manually to the XML to use the latest iOS13 conditions? Tried both Safari and Chrome, none works.
    Later edit: Same with VR, the buttons seem to be inactive. Tried replacing webvr.js and gyro2.js (which although I made the Krpano update I saw that have different filesizes compared to the standard krpano player package), and get the message on screen "VR mode is unavailable on your device". Tried the examples on krpano.com and gyro/VR are working on the standard krpano examples.

Gyro works fine, but you need to host on a https server to work with a IOS13 device.

• Problem solved. Although the krpano update was applied, gyro was still not working. Accessed the website through HTTPS. But what I found later was that it had a certificate issue, which was identical with a non-https access for the mobile device. Replaced the certificate and working now. Thanks for your hints!

• Hi, with kr pano 1.20.2 i have set the mouse behaviour in PTP to "drag to" but after the output it is obviously set to "move to" (like for mobile). Is there a workaround for that?

• When using the PTP standard splash screen it is not clickable any more in Internet Explorer 11. I know the browser is outdated and not supported anymore but some win7/xp users are still out there. Is this fixable?

• Problems on iOS 13 in Safari:

Hello!
    I Have Panotour Pro 2.5.14 with krpano 1.20.2 embedded via Krpanotools and my tour hosted on https secure domain but I don't have worked gyro on tour.

To launch gyroscope in Panotour Tour, first of all i need to open some krpano stand-alone tour on my domain and click on gyro button to give permissions to my site domain first, then open Panotour Tour and gyro in it worked fine for me....

But, If I clear site cache in Safari and open Panotour Tour, then click on gyro button - nothing happened... I didn't see any permission dialogs, just nothing. How can I fix it?

Link to my Panotour Test Tour with Gyro button: https://360.aero/t/test2/

• Hi Klaus, great job, I've successfully updated Panotour Pro 2.5.14 with krpano 1.20.2 via your Krpano tools, I've reproduced a tour from a project file created in 2.5.14, everything works apart from the drag navigation for the mouse on desktop, it is set to 'move to'

At the moment the panorama will not continuously rotate when you left click and move the cursor around the panorama, would this be something that you could look at and fix in the next update do you think?
    Also would it be possible to fix / re-connect the global overall scaling in the advanced section of ptp build to 1.20.2, I don't wont the plugins to increase in size on mobile devices, I left the tick box unchecked but it didn't have any effect and the plugins were increased in size, see screen grabs, the plugins should be smaller when tick box is uncheck.

The last issue relates to viewing a tour on my iPhone, if a tour is opened in portrait format and then rotated to landscape the image resizes to fill the screen, however, if you rotate it back again to portrait mode you get a white strip at the bottom of the screen and the browser navigation disappears unless you click the top of the screen image, then it resizes correctly in safari. This doesn't happen in krpano tour examples, I think you said it was an issue with the way the kolor plugins were created and how they relate to the updated browsers on mobile, if you were able to possibly update some of the templates / plugins to prevent this issue in ptp that would be brilliant and if there are any work arounds for any of the above issues in the mean time that would be great?
    I'm going to check out the Depthmap /everpano software, sounds like the future for some projects for sure, looks amazing.
    Regards,Rob

• Hi Klaus,I've managed to update a tour created in ptp 2.5.14 successfully using your Update Tool in krpano so that the viewers are updated without effecting the mouse navigation, so this has fixed the issue with the panotour mouse move / drag problem updating the tour via krpano instead of ptp, it updated the viewers and left the navigation as it was in the version created in 2.5.14 which is what I wanted. It also updated the VR mode prompting for access to be permitted to run that which is great. Here's my problem, the plugins that I set to not scale up on mobile have been sized up during the update using the krpano update tool, I was hoping they wouldn't be effected and the problem resolved this way, unfortunately not.

Is there a workaround?

Edited once, last by bob1010 (January 5, 2022 at 12:18 PM).

• When using the PTP standard splash screen it is not clickable any more in Internet Explorer 11. I know the browser is outdated and not supported anymore but some win7/xp users are still out there. Is this fixable?

Please see here for more information and a workaround:
    Two problems with IE 11 - navigation hotspots not working and black image on panorama videos

• Hello Klaus,
    before more i would like to thank you for krpano update for panotour and support!!

After some several test´s i found a issue in tours that have background sound on the 1st scene, it´s allways on and is mixed during other sounds of the tour.

You can check the issue here :

1st intro scene with background sound
    2st 360º video with sound.

in ptp krpano 1.19 versions the sound of the first scene stop´s when change scene.

You can check the issue here, just click on "vamos lá" ( let´s go in Portuguese) :)
    https://widestudio.pt/krpanosoundissue/

This happens in other tours that have sound on first scene. It´s important to migrate all the tours for the new krpano versions.

Thank you for the attention!
    Cheers from Portugal!

Nuno

• I updated to the latest KRpano because I've had issues with the IOS 13 update. I do get the alert to allow access to motion and orientation when I select the WebVR button but how do I get this alert to pop up when you first visit the page.

Thanks!

• First of all, thank you Klaus for creating the update package for Panotour Pro -fantastic new support for Oculus Go!

Unfortunately I've identified a repeatable problem with the new {projectname}.js file that gets generated. Within any planar image which is taller than it is wide, the hotspots seem to be scaled incorrectly so that they are all "shrunken" towards the middle of the image. This does not happen for landscape oriented planars nor full equirectangulars.
    The easiest way to see this behavior is to create a simple project with one landscape and one portrait planar image. Draw a polygonal hotspot to cover the entire image for each (make sure the fill is semi-transparent so you can see it when built). Build the project and run ... the landscape image will display with the hot area covering entire image as expected. The portrait version will show the hotspot at about 80% of the size of its background image. This is repeatable with point spots as well.

Here's the clincher - when I build this exact same project with a Panotour that does not have the 1.20 update applied, the results are as expected (with hot areas fully covering their images). Additionally, if I simply substitute the "example.js" file from the old build into the new build and reload, then the hot areas are also as expected (this just assures that there's not anything else in the updated Panotour build process that may be leading to incorrect results - different .XML files, etc).

I haven't attempted to repeat this using just krpano and assembling panos manually but I'd be happy to provide the source and resulting build files for this experiment if anyone is interested.

Cheers, Scott
    ************ EDIT - ADDITIONAL INFO ****************
    Previously I had not used the krPano Tools to simply update a {project}.js file - I have just done so and confirmed that the problem is consistent with above description when updating a project using this tool. I've also done a couple screen caps to illustrate as attached.

• Hello everybody,
    I recently bought the latest update from krpano and wanted to render my Panotour Pro virtual tour with the latest version. The files were updated according to the workflow described and all necessary files in the Panotour document folder were overwritten. As I said everything according to the instructions.

Panotour also pointed out to me that it will be rendered with version 1.20.2. After it was rendered and I pressed the play button, the tour was only white with no content.

What could be the problem? Maybe there are solutions for that?

Thank you for the help.

• Hello everybody,
    I recently bought the latest update from krpano and wanted to render my Panotour Pro virtual tour with the latest version. The files were updated according to the workflow described and all necessary files in the Panotour document folder were overwritten. As I said everything according to the instructions.

Panotour also pointed out to me that it will be rendered with version 1.20.2. After it was rendered and I pressed the play button, the tour was only white with no content.

What could be the problem? Maybe there are solutions for that?

Thank you for the help.

Have the same issue.. KRpano 1.20.4.. I unchecked "Encrypt XML file" in the build section of PTP and the play button works..

wondering if there is a workaround to enable encryption..

Thank you :)
    -L

• Hi,

After some several test´s i found a issue in tours that have background sound on the 1st scene, it´s allways on and is mixed during other sounds of the tour.

Thanks for reporting! I will check that.

I updated to the latest KRpano because I've had issues with the IOS 13 update. I do get the alert to allow access to motion and orientation when I select the WebVR button but how do I get this alert to pop up when you first visit the page.

A user-gesture like a touch is required to enable the gyro usage and trigger that dialog.
    So if you want the pop-up directly on start, you could use the very first click on the page to enable the gyro plugin and then directly disable it again a little bit later. Once the permission is given the browser will not ask again when entering VR mode.

Unfortunately I've identified a repeatable problem with the new {projectname}.js file that gets generated. Within any planar image which is taller than it is wide, the hotspots seem to be scaled incorrectly so that they are all "shrunken" towards the middle of the image. This does not happen for landscape oriented planars nor full equirectangulars.

Do you have an example?
    Are these yellow areas polygonal hotspots?

But maybe this is the reason - in version 1.20 partial panos are supported now, in older versions such panos were falling back to flat panos - and the hotspot coordinates between these pano-types can be different. But I had to admit I don't know yet how Panotour handles this case.

Please provide an example or more information.
    Btw - which instructions do you mean? These here?

Have the same issue.. KRpano 1.20.4.. I unchecked "Encrypt XML file" in the build section of PTP and the play button works..
    wondering if there is a workaround to enable encryption..

When using krpano 1.20 in Panotour, then the license from krpano itself and not the one from Panotour is used. And the private encryption is based on the license. That means to apply private-encryption, first output in Panotour without encryption and then use the krpano Encrypt Tool to encrypt the xml files.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!