Panotour Pro Update Package

• Hi
    I just discovered the update possibility for Panotoour Pro. Unfortunately I only have PanoTour Pro 2.5 and not 2.5.14.
    Is the update package really only working with the 2.5.14 version or is there a trick or hack to make it work with PanoTour 2.5 as well?
    I tried to update my PanoTour Pro to 2.5.14 this morning, but I could not find a download since the jerks at GoPro have killed the old download server.
    Any idea where I could find a PanoTour Pro 2.5.14 download these days?
    Really just need the installer file, I guess my license will be OK with that upgrade.
    Best regards
    Tom

• Thanks for the download links.
    Now I just need to find out how to convice Panotour to export the xml fiels without encryption (yes, I have entered the license details for the registration and Panotour says that it is happy with the registration information), but maybe it is time anyway to move on anyway and leave panotour behind.

• Sound troubles in chrome - panotour + newest krpano update

hey! i am having some problems regarding sounds in google chrome. for a group i use a soundfile but the sound button in the navi doesnt work. if i click, then the sound starts to loop. also if i jump into a pano in another group the sound keeps playing (it should stop and only work inside the group. the troubles i have in google chrome and oper. firefox and edge is working fine. i use latest panotour version + latest krpano update. - thats the project https://noe360.at/360/heiligenkreuz/360/ - thx for the help

update: i removed the krpano panotour update and now everything works fine... so it looks like something is going on with the sound code in krpano udate....

• Hi Klaus, first of all thanks for the updates KRPano for Panotour.

I updated Panotour with KRPano 1.20.7, and when I create a tour with splash screen and after clicking it does not reproduce the sound of the first pano.

https://gaztelugatxe02.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/index.html

I uninstalled 1.20.7 and returned to 1.19pr16 and it works correctly.

Maybe a bug in version 1.20.7? Can I fix it at the code?

Many Thanks.

Edited 2 times, last by Marcial (June 11, 2020 at 2:09 PM).

• Alexander Popov has fixed panotour default combobox plugin which had a bug when using krpano 1.20.7, he's kindly said it's ok to share his fixed version which I've attached to this post.
    Cheers,
    Bob

Here's the fault as described by Klaus and also his manual xml code edit fix if you don't use the revised version of the plugin attached . “In the build_skin.xml there is only one combobox design named 'glas'
    defined. But when building the combobox no design name is given - and when no name was given, the script is trying to use a design named 'default'. But there is no 'default' design defined.

In older krpano versions (before 1.20.7) there was a small bug: when
    trying to access an array item with 'null' (not defined), it wrongly had
    returned the first item instead.
    This krpano bug helped the
    wrong behaving custom combobox script to still work, even when used
    wrongly. But now with 1.20.7 this incorrectness wasn't working anymore.
    Here’s one solution (I’d selected the glas combobox design for my test):
    1. open the build_skin.xml
    2. search for this line:
    if(!panoramacomboboxMod1_kr_design[get(design)].name,
    set(design,'default'));
    3. and change it to this:
    if(!panoramacomboboxMod1_kr_design[get(design)].name, set(design,'glas'));
    That means changing 'default' to 'glas'. Then it can load that 'glas'
    designed that is defined a few lines above.

• Quoted from "bitbyter"
    Unfortunately I've identified a repeatable problem with the new {projectname}.js file that gets generated. Within any planar image which is taller than it is wide, the hotspots seem to be scaled incorrectly so that they are all "shrunken" towards the middle of the image. This does not happen for landscape oriented planars nor full equirectangulars.

Do you have an example?
    Are these yellow areas polygonal hotspots?

But maybe this is the reason - in version 1.20 partial panos are supported now, in older versions such panos were falling back to flat panos - and the hotspot coordinates between these pano-types can be different. But I had to admit I don't know yet how Panotour handles this case.

Hi Klaus - apologies for huge delay after you took the time to respond ...Covid didn't get me, but it sure as hell beat up my business! This issue just came up again and I've updated to latest krPano but problem still remains. I created a screen capture video to demonstrate exact reproduction and conclude that it doesn't have anything to do with Panotour since the only file to change in this demo is the {projectname}.js file.

Here is a link to the demo video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iDOTrH…iew?usp=sharing
    Thanks for your attention and support! Cheers, Scott

• Hi,

thanks for the demo video, but I'm not able to reproduce that when trying to do the same in PTP...

Technically it looks like the flat image was defined as partial pano and the PTP wrongly relied on the automatic fallback to flat-panos in older versions.
    Since version 1.20 partial panos are fully supported in HTML5 and so when the xml code makes wrong assumptions this could explain the wrong display.

But as said when testing PTP it seems to generate valid okay, so this is not reproducible for me.

Can you share the whole project and the output?
    Or at least the <image> xml code?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I wanted to share this fullscreen html template; I hope it is helpful to others. I’d added the full screen swipe action for iphone safari browser to all my ptp tours using an edited krpano template, but after upgrading my iphone 6s to iOs14 I discovered that the swipe action wasn’t working in my PTP tours but was working perfectly for krpano tours, Klaus suggested looking at the html file and the following edit has brought it in line with the krpano html template and fixed the swipe action.
    It now works first time every time like krpano tours do. The edit has also fixed a resize issue I’ve had for ages with ptp tours, when rotating a tour from landscape to portrait on my iphone 6s I got a white strip at the bottom of the browser and lost the navigation bars, this edit corrects that and the tours behave as a krpano tour would now. It is also optimized for oculus headsets.

I've included the edited html template, the krpano swipe code prompt I pasted into the build_skin.xml and screen grab of the code that's been edited.

Cheers

Bob

• Maybe upgrade krpano to 1.20.8 for panotour will help...

Thanks! I waiting for Krpano admin to confirm me this, but thanks anyway for suggestion. :)
    I want to be sure that will fix problem before I pay another licence.
    I have old one licence.

• Hi,

First buy a legal krpano license here:
    https://krpano.com/buy/

Then you can use the Panotour Update Package and with that gyro/VR will work (and your Panotour Pro output will be registered to your new krpano license instead your current 'shared' one):
    https://krpano.com/panotourproupdate/

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,
    I had to re-install my MacOS yesterday, and now when I open up Panotour Pro, the plugins or template files cannot be found.
    I had some custom ones in the user folder + custom templates and html pages etc.
    I also noticed that I do not get the warning that a newer version of krpano will be used when attempting to build a tour.
    I get the following error message (attached) when trying to build a tour or open an existing tour file:
    Error found in template "core.tmpl" Template not found, core.tmpl

I have an updated license and have been running 1.20.7 for a while now.
    I tried this so far:
    - Re-installed a fresh copy of Panotour Pro 2.5.14
    - Removed the 1.20.7 update via krpano tools
    - Re-installed the 1.20.7 update (with custom templates and plugins backup up and reinstalled in folder)

I still cannot access modified plugins or templates from within the Panotour Pro GUI, even though they are in the correct folder?

Please help :)

Update with solution: I was able to fix the problem by completely removing all MacOS library files associated with Panotour Pro, then re-install from scratch.

• Just found an issue with panotour’s default Social Share buttons positioning when using iOS 14.2 on my iphone 6s, Klaus explained that as they are not krpano elements they are outside of krpano and put on top of it and therefore not controlled by krpano. I’ve switched to Maurizio’s Super Social plugin and that already seems to place the social share elements within krpano and has fixed the problem I had which was the social share buttons moving up to the centre rather than staying where I had placed them with panotour’s default social share plugin – thanks for thinking ahead Maurizio, I appreciate the work you put into your plugins.

Cheers,

Rob

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!