Dynamically setting scale to a distorted hotspot?

• I am sure there must be something really stupid that I'm doing setting scale:

set (hotspot[name].scale,get(varable));
    I am creating a new hotspot dynamically from a list of attributes (ath, rx etc etc).
    All are implemented as expected except the scale which stubbornly fuses to change. tracing shows the variable is correct but the set doesn't action the change, If a get(scale) is performed the old value remains.
    I have changed the order the atributes are actioned, switched off distortion whilse making the declarations, the position of the style and .loadstyle etc with no luck. I have also tried using width and height, and imagewidth and height, these can be set but always return the original value. Only the scale reflects the actual size on screen (which is changed progamatically, crrectly, elsewhere.
    It will take some time to boil this down to a example I can post, so I wondered (before I did that) if there si something obvious why)
    This works: mul(scale,1.01)

This doen't: set (hotspot[name].scale,get(varable));
    I found some stuff on the forum suggesting the relationship between width, height, scale, "prop" and distortion was complicated but...
    James

• Thanks for the response.

The space wsa a typo. I also changed set to copy (just in case), still the same operation.
    I'll start later to tear it down to something postable (currently multiple files, 1000s of lines)
    Next post will be either a solution (found whilst tearing-down, or the tear-down itself...
    James

• Teardown to isolate the issue revealed the problem - my bad.
    For reasons too complex to explain <scale /> information is stored in a number of different static and dynamic files/locations. In one of these locations there was a scale declaration of scale.mobile and scale.nomobile, in a section all about different platforms, not explicitly about position & scaling.

Lesson learned - attention to details!
    Closed!
    James

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!