You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Scott Witte

Intermediate

• "Scott Witte" started this thread

Monday, October 21st 2019, 5:32am

v1.19pr16 crashing Oculus browsers???

Howdy Klaus,

Using KRPano v1.19pr16 with WebVR oversampling.mobile="2.0" causes dramatic lag and rendering problems on the Oculus, Firefox Reality, and even the Samsung browsers and crashes at least the Oculus browser on my Oculus Go headset. In my test, I also modified the webvr plugin, adding the fix: <events webvr_onentervr="set(display.framebufferscale,0.9); delayedcall(0.1, tween(display.framebufferscale,1.0); );" />. Otherwise I used the original distribution files for my tests. Example: https://www.tdf360.com/test/vrtest/

This is new in the past couple of months. The problem doesn't happen without the oversampling.mobile="2.0" addition. It also doesn't happen with v1.20.2 unmodified. Updating to the new version is the goal but is there a workaround to fix v1.19pr16 in the meantime? (Other than dropping oversampling. The quality difference is significant.) I have lots of template mods before I can jump to the new version.

Wednesday, October 23rd 2019, 6:35pm

Same problem for me here...

Wednesday, October 23rd 2019, 11:23pm

your 4k resolution is probably too high for the oculus

why are you not using the MAKE VTOUR (VR-OPT) Droplet ?

you can also modify it and make a version with
customimage[vr].size=2048

Scott Witte

Intermediate

Friday, October 25th 2019, 7:19am

your 4k resolution is probably too high for the oculus

Except... everything was working perfectly for the tours on the Go until recently. The VR tiles are 1920 or 1560, depending on when I made them. After the introduction of the Go, the consensus here was that 1920px cube faces were the new sweet spot. Again, they have worked beautifully until recently.

I don't use VR-OPT because I want one tour that works on all devices, so I have integrated the VR tiles back into MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES), the way it used to be.

Friday, October 25th 2019, 9:19am

VR-OPT is supposed to work on all devices, not?
it just switches to a dedicated image when changing into vr

and hm, i remember oculus not working for a short time. klaus adressed that with an update in 1.20
not sure tough, if these problems affect 1.16, too

1.19pr16 is >1.5 years old old and has device support issues with modern mobiles...
i'd consider to switch to 1.20

Scott Witte

Intermediate

Friday, October 25th 2019, 4:02pm

Thanks for that input. It was addressed in my original post.

Monday, October 28th 2019, 9:23am

Hi,

just updating the core krpano files is not possible?
That means only the viewer and plugins files?

Best regards,
Klaus

Scott Witte

Intermediate

Thursday, October 31st 2019, 3:56pm

just updating the core krpano files is not possible?
That means only the viewer and plugins files?

Didn't think that was possible but I will test. Thanks!

Scott Witte

Intermediate

Monday, November 4th 2019, 5:29am

Reporting back: I believe I replaced the core files and that seems to have made the difference -- mostly. There are still some issues but I have now updated my tour template so I'll just make the changes that way, which was the eventual goal all along. Can't believe how much I like working with the controller instead of the VR cursor.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Scott Witte" (Nov 4th 2019, 5:39am)