How to use the same tiles for 2 tours?

• Hello, I need advice on how to use the same tiles for 2 tours. I have tour #1 in Italian, and tour #2, which is a copy of #1, in English; of course the tiles are the same, so I'd like to set the xml file of tour #2 to use the tiles contained in tour #1 indexdata folder. Any idea on how I can get this? I tried to do as stated in this guide:
    http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/view/Panotour_-_Advanced_-_Different_interfaces_for_different_devices#Option_3_-_Two_tours_on_the_same_server_with_redirection
    but there's something wrong as I always get an error message and nothing is displayed on screen. Thanks a lot.
    Alessandro

• Thanks for your reply, that's what I thought, but the problem is I can't do that.

I tried to modify the xml file of Tour #2, which is contained in the main folder of Tour #1 (next to its indexdata):
    1) in the krpano tag, I added a line: basedir="./../indexdata/"
    2) in each <scene> tag I replaced thumburl="%FIRSTXML%/..." with thumburl="%BASEDIR%/..."
    3) in each <preview> tag I replaced url="%FIRSTXML%/..." with url="%BASEDIR%/..."
    4) in each <imagee> tag I replaced url="%FIRSTXML%/..." with url="%BASEDIR%/..."

But all I get is the attached error message. Can you please help me?
    Thnaks again,
    Alessandro

• Update. Maybe this can be useful to other beginners like me who need any kind of possible help.
    It works. The error message I got was probably due to krpano Testing Server, that I was using to view the tour offline. It seems that KTS can't open properly a tour with tiles located in a different folder than the one where the xml file is.
    But when the tours are uploaded online, everything works correctly, thanks to the changes to the xml file I listed in post #3.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!