You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Scott Witte

Intermediate

• "Scott Witte" started this thread

Thursday, November 7th 2019, 10:18pm

vr="true" ???

Howdy Klaus,

In v1.20.x XML I often see a layer attribute of "vr" which seems always to be set "true." (So, default = false?) I haven't found documentation on this. What is this for?

Alexey Tkachenko

Professional

Friday, November 8th 2019, 9:57am

Hi)

It's used inside 'webvr_hide_all_non_vr_layers' action inside webvr.xml

this param decides which layers to show in VR mode (on mobile obviously).
Regards,

Alexey

Scott Witte

Intermediate

Friday, November 8th 2019, 4:33pm

Thanks Alexey,

I had wondered if it could be something like that. Could find nothing in the WebVR docs so did a test using a layer with vr="true" and it still disappeared in VR mode. So still don't understand what exactly it does and how to use it.

Alexey Tkachenko

Professional

Monday, November 11th 2019, 8:30am

Hi)

Did you tested this layer on MobileVR or on actual VR (Oculus, HTC)?

I guess this 'VR' setting is not documented because it's a kind of a custom 'tag' to mark some layers.

For example, inside 'webvr.xml' there's a layer named 'webvr_enterbutton' (ENTER VR button). On mobile I can see this layer, of course, it opens Mobile VR settings.

I'm sure this layer is not visible in real VR on HTC, because there only WebGL (and no layers) can be dispayed.
Regards,

Alexey

Scott Witte

Intermediate

Tuesday, November 12th 2019, 3:01am

So, dug into the code and I think you are right. vr="true" is used to keep layers from being hidden when going into Fake VR mode. Also on a phone, if you are in VR mode and tap the screen these "vr" layers show up. And yes, on my Go they don't show up when in VR mode.