New Soundinterface Tweening Issue

• Klaus,

I'm loving the WebAudio soundinterface but have found a curious tweening issue.

Say I want to play a sound/song but want to ease into it. I should be able to start playing it with a volume of 0 and then tween the volume to, say, 0.5. But I find that if the sound isn't preloaded the tween starts at 1 and tweens down to 0.5. However, if I delay tweening by at least 0.5 seconds after starting to play at vol 0, the tweening starts at 0 and fades up to 0.5 as expected.

For testing these are local files, so the "download" speed isn't a factor. I know that with WebAudio the sound won't even start playing until fully downloaded. So there is something more involved here because it seems that for the first half-second or so the sound can only play a 0 or 1 volume.

If I preload a sound and that sound is the first played, no matter how long you wait before playing, it will start the tween at a volume of 1 unless you wait at least 0.5 seconds before starting the tween. After any sound has already played, as long as a sound is preloaded (or has played before), you can immediately start tweening up to your target volume.

My workaround is to play a bit of silence as soon as a tour loads. Then, as long as a sound is preloaded I can immediately start at volume 0 and tween up to my desired volume. BTW, streaming that bit of silence doesn't work for this.

Is this a bug? Am I missing something, or is this how it is supposed to work?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!