Two problems with IE 11 - navigation hotspots not working and black image on panorama videos

• Hello,

I built a panorama and things work fine in Firefox and Chroms but I ran into two problems on IE 11:1. On my version number of IE (11.864.17763.0) on WIndows 10 navigation hotspots work but on the clients IE version (11.805.1763.0) they don't. For some reason nothing happens on hotspot click. The console or showlog don't show anything.
    My action:

2. Panorama videos always show a black frame for a few seconds even though I set a poster url. The poster image shows up on Firefox and Chrome but not in IE (happens on both versions, mine and the older one).

Any ideas? Thank you!
    [Edit] If I change the tour.html like described here: https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…&threadID=10021
    it seems to fix at least the black frame problem. Maybe also the other problem. I couldn't test it yet since it's a pain in the a** to downgrade ie to a specific version number. I managed to downgrade it to 11.1 and there hotspots work *confused*

Edited once, last by steoberg (November 24, 2019 at 9:47 AM).

• Hi Klaus,

I'm using krpano 1.20.
    What I forgot: Hotspots also work when the Document Mode in IE11 in the developer tools is set to 10.

Thanks

[Edit] I could try on the clients computer now and I notice hotspots work when I click several times or when the onclick is on children of the hotspot, not the hotspot itself. But only with content="IE=10". If I put content="IE=edge" then nothing works. No interaction at all.

[Edit2] Sorry the version is 1.20.2, the newest version. Not 1.20. I just noticed also some panoramas on the krpano website don't work. Like the Virtual Tour Paris.
    The IE Version I'm testing on: 11.476.18362.0

[Edit3] We did a panorama once with 1.19 and that one works also in IE. Is it possible to download older versions of krpano?

Edited 4 times, last by steoberg (November 25, 2019 at 10:56 AM).

• Hi,

I was able to locate the problem.
    There will be soon a fixed version.

Additionally here a quick workaround - add these lines into the html file before the embedpano() call:

Code
    if (navigator.msPointerEnabled)
    {
      navigator.__defineGetter__("msPointerEnabled", function(){return false;});
      navigator.__defineGetter__("pointerEnabled", function(){return true;});
    }

Just as note - the problem happens only on certain older IE11 versions and when using a touch-screen.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!