tour_testingserver.exe passing parameters for alternate to index.html

• To allow viewing/testing locally I want to use tour_testingserver.exe to run in a directory that has index.html and index1.html as starting points for the tour. Out of the box, with default directory CURRENT it uses index.html, excellent. But how do I set-it up to start with index1.html?
    The -open passing parameter seemed like a good start but I have tried several values, index1.html .\index1.html (and various other inputs juggling the path name) but on every occasion the page that opens fails, not because the path/filename is incorrect BUT because it doesn't use the Testing Server but rather produces an absolute addess along these lines

file:///D:/Documents/PROJECTS/............./SANDPIT/index1.html
    this path is correct but I would have expected
    192.168.0.22:8090/index1.html
    Any thoughts, what am I not understanding about -open ?
    James

• Hi,

sorry, but you misunderstood the 'open parameter - that is for starting a different app than the default browser with the server url.

But I understand what you want/mean - for the next release I will add an -url=... parameter - than you can set a different server root folder and a custom url relative to that root folder that should be used when starting the browser.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Fantastic Klaus.

This means we can run locally with the tesyig server and show clients different options of the final tour for discussion.

And otehr things too!.
    James
    P.S. Tour-testingserver.exe used was from build 2.20.2

• Hi James)

Just yesterday I had to show 2 variants of the tour from one folder locally. What I do is NOT have index.html in the root folder of the 'testing server.exe (in my case it's renamed 'start.exe'). In this case when you click 'start.exe' it opens a root folder contents in the browser and then I click the needed 'tour.html' to launch it. And then click browser 'back' button to return to index.

See the attached printscreen.

I'm not sure if that's what you need. but it might be helpful *smile*

• Alexey,
    Yes, you are correct this is a good solution. However... To make things simple I didn't explain EXACTLY what I was doing. Thre intention is to have the final tour have 2 entry points.

a. The main entry point (usually index.html) would be accessed normally by users, server based, nothing unusual here
    b. A second entry point would NOT be accessed by users, but would be accessed locally using tour_testingserver and allow the Client to run the tour with extra configuration layers enabled to allow Client customisation. Lets call this configuration.html
    Of course the users MUST NOT be able to run configuration.html, it wont work if run remotely and you wont be able to guess teh file name!
    Hence it makes sense to use index.html for USERS and a secret name for tour_testingserver.
    Klaus solution will work for this, your solution will also work. But I do lke the security of index.html running the main tour.
    If you have any other ideas for this I would be happy to hear them!
    Thanks
    James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!