WebVR Pano forced BELOW divs with position in iOS browsers

• Here is a "fun" one, new to V1.2x:

If your pano is displayed in a div with position (fixed, absolute or relative) AND you have a background image, the pano displays fine on all browsers on all platforms. BUT switch into VR Mode on mobile browsers (ed: iOS only) and only the background image displays, not the VR pano, which disappears from existence. This doesn't happen in mobileVR (headset) browsers or in FakeVR mode on the desktop.

Example: tdf360.com/test/thumbs/tour.html

Very, very weird...and irritating. Any ideas why this is? Can you fix it, Klaus? (Actually I am sure you can. You can do almost anything.)

• Experimenting further, it gets weirder: Apparently, the WebVR pano object actually jumps below everything else in VR Mode but only on iOS mobile browsers (Safari, FF, and Chrome). It does NOT happen on Android browsers (Chrome and Samsung), nor MobileVR browsers (Oculus, Firefox Reality, Samsung) nor desktop browsers (at least on a PC). The pano object jumps not only below other elements in its own div, but also below other divs behind its div.

Example: tdf360.com/test/thumbs/tour4.html The center image is the background of the pano div. The "Click to view 360" png in an image in a div below the pano div.

What this means, if no fix is available, is that in order to display a pano in VR Mode properly in iOS browsers, I will have to dynamically hide anything that should be behind the pano object. Obviously I hope there is a much better solution.

Thoughts, Klaus?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!