color correction of distorted hotspot video

• Hi!

So we've been trying to add some greenboxed video elements over the panorama. Following the tutorial available in these forums we have cut out a part of the panorama, and added it back as a distorted image hotspot. It's seamlessly integrated back, as expected.

However, when trying to use the same image as a background for a video, no matter what our video editing guys tried, the colors always seem to be ending up different, making it obvious where the edges are.

I've tried to search the forums for some solutions, and I saw that several ppl had trouble with this in the past, but couldn't really find any specific solutions to this.

Thing is, when we color-pick the video it seems to be ok, so is it just the way krpano plays the videos back? Any ideas on how to solve this?

• Hi,

it unfortunately depends on the Brower and the system how videos are rendered.

E.g. on a Windows system with a Nvidia GPU you can adjust in the system settings the video-range (0-255 or 16-235) and also the color settings.
    And video-encoding setting (also about the color range) also have an influence.

I'm not sure if there is currently an universally working technical solution possible with the current browser APIs...

As first step maybe try using different video encoding settings and color formats...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hooray! A chance for me to give back to this wonderful community.
    I think I have a solution for you that is deceptively simple. I too have been inserting distorted stereoscopic video hotspots that mesh perfectly with the <image> panos and ran into your color correction issue. In my case it was caused by the re-encoding from the video editing software. My solution was to simply load the equarectangular pano into the video software and export the pano with the same encoding settings, making the entire pano's colors match the video outputs! It is an additional step that can take a lot of time if your video software has a max resolution limit, but the results are really impressive.

The attached photo is a screenshot of the tour being viewed in Google Chrome and in there is the boundary between the hotspot video and the pano background. I know it is there, but I can't really see it. I would love to share the full tour with you, but it has not been approved to be released to the public yet :(

Good Luck!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!