l1 and l2 loading simoultaneously on default fov

• Hello,

Title says pretty much all, is this the expected behaviour? The levels 1 and 2 are being queried on the initial load of the image. So removing the l1/l2 level makes the initial load a bit faster and I'm not seeing any real impact on performance/image quality, is there a place in documentation I'm missing where this is explained with more detail?

I also checked the examples, ie. paris multires, and the same thing occurs.

Thanks!

Regards,

Agustin Barg

• Hi,

yes, this is an expected behavior.

It works that way:
    - first the tiles of the current/best-fitted resolution are requested (for the current viewing range)
    - during the loading of these tiles also tiles from lower-resolution levels are requested
    - this is done because one lower-res tile might get loaded quicker than all the hi-res tiles and one lower-res tile would cover a large viewing area than one higher-res tile
    - this way the current view is quicker 'filled' with useful content
    - the total load time might be a bit longer, but the visual loading experience should be better

But in the end it depends on the actual example, if the pano itself is not really hi-res, it could be an option not to use the lower-res levels. You can setup any behavior you want.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!