l1 and l2 loading simoultaneously on default fov

• Hello,

Title says pretty much all, is this the expected behaviour? The levels 1 and 2 are being queried on the initial load of the image. So removing the l1/l2 level makes the initial load a bit faster and I'm not seeing any real impact on performance/image quality, is there a place in documentation I'm missing where this is explained with more detail?

I also checked the examples, ie. paris multires, and the same thing occurs.

Thanks!

Regards,

Agustin Barg

• Hi,

yes, this is an expected behavior.

It works that way:
    - first the tiles of the current/best-fitted resolution are requested (for the current viewing range)
    - during the loading of these tiles also tiles from lower-resolution levels are requested
    - this is done because one lower-res tile might get loaded quicker than all the hi-res tiles and one lower-res tile would cover a large viewing area than one higher-res tile
    - this way the current view is quicker 'filled' with useful content
    - the total load time might be a bit longer, but the visual loading experience should be better

But in the end it depends on the actual example, if the pano itself is not really hi-res, it could be an option not to use the lower-res levels. You can setup any behavior you want.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!