• Hi,

i just updated to IOS 13.4 on my iphone 11
    gyro seems not working anymore,.. in webvr at least..
    in normal mode just vertical..

and i also see some things different also on my desktop .. rotated icons.. (?)
    Version 13.1 (15609.1.20.111.8)

is there new rules/protocol/bugs?
    I checked a few of my own examples that where fine yesterday..

krpano webvr game example seems fine.. i get crazy and/or old..
    what is going on?

EDIT: Ahh!

part of the release notes:

'Fix: Gyro/WebVR - in iOS 13.4 beta / Safari 13.1 the DeviceMotionEvent is broken and it is unclear if Apple will fix that. Therefore the DeviceOrientationEvent, which is working, will be automatically used as alternative instead on the related systems.'

so i need to update those..
    clear..

Apple *cursing*

Tuur *cry*

• Hi,

right, that's because a very ugly bug in iOS 13.4.

The gyro and VR controls are using the browsers 'devicemotion' event (by default) to get information about the current device rotation state. And in iOS 13.4 that event no longer reports the gyroscope rotation information, only the acceleration information are available. That makes the gyro/VR control working strangely slow and inaccurate.

I had made a very simplified test-case for Apple here:
    https://krpano.com/ios/bugs/ios13-4-b1-gyro/

That bug is there since the very first iOS 13.4 beta versions since a few months and was reported also to Apple a several times of course. All I got back from Apple was that they would need more information or screenshots or videos about the problem, which I also added, but as so often with Apple nothing happened further...

Luckily there is an easy solution, there is also the 'deviceorienation' event, and on iOS it provides the almost same information and still works in iOS 13.4.

Therefore in krpano 1.20.5 that is used by default now for iOS 13.4.
    So gyro and VR control keeps working.

Btw - this makes krpano currently the only web-based pano-viewer software that has a VR mode that still works with iOS 13.4 ;-).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I updated one of my vtours to 1.20.5, and the gyro is still not functioning, I read that with version 1.20.5 the bug from Apple is fixed, Is this right?

from your message below I read this
    Therefore in krpano 1.20.5 that is used by default now for iOS 13.4.So gyro and VR control keeps working.

But is not working,
    Only with android I can use the gyro option.
    Do I have to change some code to use the gyro option again.

And I have another question, is there an easier way to migrate my 1.19.16 vtours to 1.20.5, because I have to start from the beginning every tour, I mean I have several tours that can't function now in iPhone with IOS 13.4, and I am starting from scratch i.e. using the droplet from the original photos, and then using krpano tools to put hotspot, etc. but I made a lot of changes in the files customizing some things, and is a lot of work, I made the migration of one of these vtours thinking it will be fixed with the 1.20.5 version, but without success.
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Thank you *smile*

But is not working,
    Only with android I can use the gyro option.
    Do I have to change some code to use the gyro option again.

can you share a link?

is there an easier way to migrate my 1.19.16 vtours to 1.20.5

I would first start to just change/update the plugin . js files and the viewer js file.
    Then check.. and go from there..

btw.. your forum name makes me think you are Dutch.. are you? *g*

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi,

I updated one of my vtours to 1.20.5, and the gyro is still not functioning, I read that with version 1.20.5 the bug from Apple is fixed, Is this right?

The bug above is related to an iOS 13.4 where that the gyro-movement itself is not working correctly (but working) because of missing data.

When the gyro is not working at all, you're probably using HTTP instead of HTTPS.
    But that's not krpano or krpano version related.

And I have another question, is there an easier way to migrate my 1.19.16 vtours to 1.20.5

Update/replace the krpano viewer and plugin files, either manually or by using the update tool. The xml files normally wouldn't need to get changed.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• can you share a link?

Version 1.19.3, that now with IOS 13.4 the gyro icon is missing, before upgrade we can see the virtual tour without problems. Now we can't.
    https://deteastvr.com/

Version 1.19.6, unfinished work, transition between http and https to fix the virtual tour function last year, until update of IOS 13.4 where gyro icon doesn't function
    https://deteastvr.com/jumex/

Version 1.20.5 test for checking if this version fixed the gyro icon and vr tour (without the index.html page introduction, going directly to our next unfinished work), the gyro icon doesn't function as expected, neither the vrtour using IOS 13.4, but with android there is no problem until now.[size=10]https://deteastvr.com/jumex2[/size]

btw.. your forum name makes me think you are Dutch.. are you?

Mi forum name came from when I worked in Samsung Korea, mi Nic name is Peke, but in Korea all the engineers call me Mr PIk, so I changed it as a nickname since then *cool*
    I am Mexican, and live in Mexico City.
    Why are you thinking with this nickname I am dutch? Just for curiosity.

• The bug above is related to an iOS 13.4 where that the gyro-movement itself is not working correctly (but working) because of missing data.

When the gyro is not working at all, you're probably using HTTP instead of HTTPS.
    But that's not krpano or krpano version related.

I am using https since last year problem.
    Do I have to modify some code? or add a command to fix that problem?

Thank you for your help and support.

Why are you thinking with this nickname I am dutch? Just for curiosity.

I think best, and most save, is to google translate 'pik' dutch-->english
    Or whatever..
    Sorry.. haha
    Our cats name is Pickle.. we call him Mr Pik..
    The neighbours had to get used to that a bit.. haha

Tuur *thumbsup*

• I think best, and most save, is to google translate 'pik' dutch-->english
    Or whatever..
    Sorry.. haha
    Our cats name is Pickle.. we call him Mr Pik..
    The neighbours had to get used to that a bit.. haha

Haha, I will change my nickname. It was a surprise.
    Thanks for the info.

• Hi,

Version 1.20.5 test for checking if this version fixed the gyro icon and vr tour (without the index.html page introduction, going directly to our next unfinished work), the gyro icon doesn't function as expected, neither the vrtour using IOS 13.4, but with android there is no problem until now.https://deteastvr.com/jumex2

The version in that link is still 1.20 and not 1.20.5 and it is not clear/visible if you have updated the plugins too.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you for your replyI downloaded 1.20.5, and started from scratch te new vtour.

And if I saw the xmls created, they said version 1.20 not 1.20.5
    And I can't see is functioning with iPhone with IOS 13.4
    I don't know what to do now.
    Regards,

• Hi,

And if I saw the xmls created, they said version 1.20 not 1.20.5

That is normal.

And I can't see is functioning with iPhone with IOS 13.4

You encrypted all so it is hard to see which versions of the plugins you use.
    I think it is not needed in this case to encrypt.

Are you sure all plugin js files in the plugin folder are also 1.20.5?
    And the viewer js too? (tour.js)

i see in the log:

INFO: krpano 1.20 (build 2019-09-02)
    that is an old version!!!

that should be:
    INFO: krpano 1.20.5 (build 2020-03-05)
    or even better use the last 1.20.6 update.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• I have upgraded krpano to 1.20.5 and it solves the gyro-issue in iOs 13.4! Tnx! But what about all the older pano's? It is a hell of a job to convert all the others to 1.20.5. Is it possible to add a line to tour.xml or a file that solves the gyro-problem for older pano's?

• I have upgraded krpano to 1.20.5 and it solves the gyro-issue in iOs 13.4! Tnx! But what about all the older pano's? It is a hell of a job to convert all the others to 1.20.5. Is it possible to add a line to tour.xml or a file that solves the gyro-problem for older pano's?

normally replacing the tour.js should do the thing.

its a nuisance, but with all the weird things the browsers and apple/ios comes up
    it is necessary to update older tours once in a while.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!