Implement Google Analytics in Krpano-Tour

• Okay so here's the whole situation:

For our client we developed a virtual tour, the client now wanted to track every single hotspot in the tour, we're doing this via onClick-event-tracking.
    The whole tour is tracked via Google Analytics. The "basic" tracking functions in GA are working perfectly fine, we can see how many users there are, from where they're coming etc etc... but the event-tracking doesn't work! :(

My theory is that the GA-JS-code snipet in the < head > of the HTML-file only tracks directly whats in the HTML and not what's going on in the XML file, which is linked with HTML (I hope you understand what I'm saying?).

So now the actual question(s):
    - Why isn't the event tracking working (at all)?
    - Do we need a bit more of code so the GA-code-snipet also tracks what's happening in the XML-file, or
    - Do we have to copy the GA-code also into the XML-file? If yes, how? We tried copying the GA-code directly into the start of the XML but nothing worked after that, so we deleted it again.

I've already looked pretty much everywhere but how it is so often... no one really had a case just like we do here... So I'm really hoping that someone with much more experience than I have can help me here :(

• Hi team,

I could not find any example of virtual tour having google analytics tracking of events. I am very new to this incredible platform. Could any kind hearted provide me with a proper guidance and a working example on this? *smile* Thanks in advance!

• We use GA in conjunction with our own tracking. I'n theory you could create a plugin that "could" do more in-tour tracking but it would be a fun time *wink* If you do go down that road, I'd love to see what you come up with.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!