With which tool do I start? Equirectangolar to cube map

• Hello,

I'm starting to play with Krpano!

My question is :

I want to automate the process that creates a cube map from a panoramic photo, what can I do?

I use imagick but it's too slow to do this process (over 10 minutes)...
    I read for erect2cubic, it's the best way ?

What do you recommend ?

Thank you
    To all .D

• Hi there,

The type of distortion/projection of your image is pretty important. Here are a few distortions/projections you might be starting with:

• Rectilinear: this is what we think of as normal photos and video.
    • Fisheye: I think most people are familiar with fisheye lenses
    • Equarectangular: typically made by "stiching" multiple fisheye photos together. It is a very common format. If you are working with 360 degree or 180 degree cammeras, the cammera might "stich" the photos for you.
    • Cube map: It sounds like you are already familiar with this one
    • "Youtube's proprietary cube map like distortion": There is a proper name for it, but I do not know it and I can't say I have heard of any means to use it with krpano.

If you are using erect2cubic I am assuming you have equarectagular images, which is perfect for Krpano! Just select your images and drag and drop them onto one of the MAKE TOUR or MAKE PANO "droplets" that fits what you want to make. For my work I mainly use MAKE TOUR (VR-OPT) droplet, which has webvr and multi resolution support. It will take some time depending on the size and number of photos, but once it is finished it will make a new folder called vtour in the same folder as your initial images. Open the vtour folder and click on the tour_testingserver and enjoy!

• Hello

and thanks for you reply!!!

I work with Equarectangular photo, and i see erect2cubit... like one solution!
    You using erect2cubic too ?

I don't know which algorithm to use, or which tool .. which program do you use? Do you work from the command line?

Thanks
    A.

• Thanks

I using krpanotools with this format "./krpanotools spheretocube CUBE beta001.jpg cubo1 "

The output files have a watermark with the "krpano.com" watermark. How can I remove it ?

THankssss!!

• It's simply just buy the licence!!

You can help me for insert my logo ?

I try to insert in tour.xml, but when i reopen the project i don't see nothing
    <layer name="skin_logo" url="LOGO.png" scale="0.25" opened_onclick="openurl('...',_blank);" />

I I'm trying to understand how I can give two different photos input, so I have two "scenarios"
    Thanks my man :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!