Gyroscope not working on iPad/iPhone (iOS 13.4.1, Panotour Pro with krpano 1.20.5)

• Hi,
    I built a panoramic tour with Panotour Pro 2.5.14 and krpano Update 1.20.5. It is hosted on a https site.
    In Android the gyroscope works fine but not in iPad /iPhone with iOS 13.4.1.
    Tested with Safari and Chrome browser.

Did I miss anything?
    Thanks for hints!
    Gereon

• Hi,

in newer iOS versions the gyroscope requires an user-interaction like a touch and then additionally also an confirmation with a dialog to get enabled.

That means an automatically enabled gyroscope is not possible there anymore.

Either add a button to enable/disable the gyroscope,

or try adding code like this to enable the gyroscope when touching the pano:

Code
    <events name="gyroscope" keep="true" devices="ios" onclick="set(plugin[gyroscope].enabled,true);" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I have similar problem on my tour https://manastirkaona.360.rs/
    I'm using PanoTour 2.5.14 and after export gyroscope not working, but VR mode works fine (without gyroscope).
    When I fix this problem like you wrote on your post, update gyro2.js and webvr.js and add line

Code
    <events name="gyroscope" keep="true" devices="ios" onclick="set(plugin[gyroscope].enabled,true);" />

... gyroscope works fine, but VR menu have a bug and I can't enter in VR mode anymore.

Can you help me to solve this?

• Hello Klaus,

I'm joining this conversation mid-stream and want to see if there is any updated information since your November 2nd post.

I just updated my krpano license to 1.20.9 and using Panotour 2.5.14.

I'm trying to get the gyro to work on iOS but so far no luck.

Do I need to add source code? If so, where? Or?

Is there another conversation on the forum that addresses this issue?

Thanks,

Bob

• Hello Klaus and other friends present. I am a longtime user of panotour pro focused on the archviz area. Sometimes I take some 360º tour work to do. I recently took a new tour, which I'm in trouble with. I use the latest version of Panotour Pro 2.5.14 and bought and installed the Krpano 1.20.9 license and update today so that all features work. My site is HTTPS too.

In my tour everything works both on pc, as on android and ios. Including the gyroscope.

However on ios i have a problem. I have to leave the gyroscopio off by default in panotour and during the tour he has to click on the gyroscopio icon for ios to give permission. From what I read from the posts above, it is not possible for the gyroscopio to work directly when opening the tour, but I would like that when opening the tour the message to enable gyroscopio would already appear, as there is a great chance of a slower client not realize that.

I saw that Klaus put a code above so the confirmation message appears on the first click on the tour, but I was unable to make this code work. I don't know if I should put this in HTML, in some xml inside the data folder or elsewhere.

Couldn't they guide how to do that?

I am not a programmer. I just make the 360 images in 3D software and assemble in the panotour. I like panotour precisely because it is a friendly solution for those who do not program.

I realized that this is also a possible doubt of some of the people above, and I also know of other users of panotour who would probably be lost.

Anyway, sorry for the long text, my bad English using the translator and thanks for your patience.

Much health and success for you and your families.

Best Regards
    Leandro Martins

• <events name="gyroscope" keep="true" devices="ios" onclick="set(plugin[gyroscope].enabled,true);" />

Hi klaus,
    1) I was reading your thread about Gyro enabling into iPhone new version, you mentioned about above code, I was wondering where to put this code, I mean which file. In my Panotour PRO I enabled GYRO button but it doesn't appears I do not know why. I will be obliged if you give your answer in detail please how to make the click event.
    Thanks

Edited 2 times, last by Susmit (June 17, 2021 at 8:53 AM).

• Susmit
    I added that tag in the tour.xml File after the skin_settings.
    But it did not solve the problem.

Klaus
    Any news or hints about this?
    A customer of us is complaining about non working vr-mode on iPhone and Android Device.

24.06.21 Edit:
    Android Devices work.
    But iPhone 8 Plus, Version 14.5.1, Safari does not.

And here is the Scene to test:
    https://www.swissinteractive.ch/panorama/mitte…oniswil-update/

Kind regards
    Alain

Edited 2 times, last by Alain (June 24, 2021 at 8:13 AM).

• Hi,

Klaus
    Any news or hints about this?
    A customer of us is complaining about non working vr-mode on iPhone and Android Device.

There is no known krpano problem here!

There you using an old/outdated krpano viewer version (1.19-pr16, build 2018-04-04) with an newer webvr.js plugin, but that doesn't work. The viewer and the plugin need to be from the same version.

There is even an error message in the log about that:

Code
    INFO: krpano 1.19-pr16 (build 2018-04-04)
    INFO: HTML5/Desktop - Firefox 89.0 - WebGL
    INFO: Registered to: XXXX
    ERROR: WebVR plugin - too old krpano version (min. 1.20.3)

When its working on some devices and some not, then this can be only related to the browser-cache - that means that the browser still loads older files from its cache.

I would recommend updating the krpano viewer and all plugin files to the latest versions and clearing the browser cache before testing!

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!