Loadingtime for individual Scene text.xml on Android

• Extreme loadingtime for text files om Android standard browser.

The standard Internet Browser on my old Galaxy Note 2 take 30-50 sec to load my large museum site which has aroind 1200 poputexts in 63 panoramas.
    Chrome and Firefox on the same Note 2 is much faster 10 -15 sec
    According to the info I have found the standard browser is based on Chrome from Android 4.2 and mine is 4.4.2

On all my other browsers on iMac Ipad or iPhone the same site loads in 2- 5 sec even if I delete the cache.

What I really do not understand is why all the 63 text.xml files are loaded at start even if they are only linked from the individual scenes.
    I Tested this by removing some of them which gives me an error at loading telling me that the first one is missing.

You do not load any image or pano files at start up besides the first pano.

Is there any way of preventing the browser to load all textfiles at startup?

• Hi,

63 included xml files is not that good...

Currently the included xml files will get loaded one by one (parallel downloads for xml includes will come in one of the next releases, then such case should be faster, but still not an optimal case).

About 'why' the get loaded - it works that way:
    - first the 'first/main' xml gets loaded
    - then one by one <include> gets loaded and inserted into that 'main/first' xml
    - once all includes are loaded, the resulting xml will get parsed into the actual runtime data structures (scenes, layers, hotspots, actions and so on).

It is necessary to wait for all xml includes before starting, because the code inside one xml could overwrite or redefine the code from an other xml file.

That means a few xml includes are fine and shouldn't cause problems, but a lot of them can cause slower startups, especially when inside the included xml files are again another xml includes.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• That means a few xml includes are fine and shouldn't cause problems, but a lot of them can cause slower startups, especially when inside the included xml files are again another xml includes.

They are not included in any other place than inside the tour.xml scenes

I still do not understand why the files included within each scene needs to be loaded at start.
    Nothing else does . You do not load all sound or videos or images at start.
    Its just stupid that xml files do that.
    I have actually tested what happens if you make one single text.xml and include it before the scenes,
    I made a fake one by pasting one of the largest with 40 popuptexts 30 times into one file.

The size got 60 times as large as the individual once but still only 600kb.
    Which is less than my intro image, Loading was reduced to 15 sec on the Standard browser.
    Of course it is not an option to combine all these textfiles to one, That would mean I have to manually edit around 4600 names as both English and Danish textfiles + the tour.xml has to be changed,

I need to get this tested on a newer Android than my old Galaxy Note 2 which I only have for testing.

My iPhone takes 2 sekond to load it so whu the hell is Android so bad.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HansNyb (3. Mai 2020 um 03:00)

• Hi,

I still do not understand why the files included within each scene needs to be loaded at start.

That's because the xml parsing and xml-resolving currently is 'content'-independent, it doesn't act differently when there is an xml element named '<scene>'.

But I agree it would makes sense to skip resolving <include> elements inside <scene> elements and resolve them only then when loading that scene.

I will try to change that, and when I think correctly there should no side-effect when doing this. If you want you can contact me by mail for a test-version with that change.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I will try to change that, and when I think correctly there should no side-effect when doing this. If you want you can contact me by mail for a test-version with that change.

Thanks KLaus.

I must agree that the problem might be Android only and especially the Standard browser. Maybe also the newer updates has solved it.
    After all the 4,4 Android which is the latest I can have on my Note 2 is around 6 years old.
    Also both Chrome and Firefox works OK with around 15 sec loading. The 1.20.5 update and streaming sound solved problems with the sound did not startautomatically on Firefox.

Here is a link to my test page of the new Museum tour.
    I am waiting for english soundfiles from the narrator before it will be released later this week.

http://www.360-foto.dk/nationalhistorisk-museum/test.html

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!