Animated hotspots not working on mobile - fine on pc

• Hi
    This example works on pc and mobile so I copied the action
    https://krpano.com/releases/1.20.…anihotspots.xml
    and pasted it into my tour.xml
    I made a new animated hotspot (png) and uploaded to my server

The animation works fine when viewed on pc, but on mobile it only shows a black square

Code
    <hotspot name="hologram1" url="boards/hologram.png" onloaded="do_crop_animation(320,320, 7);" ath="145" atv="15.8" tooltip="click to view" distorted="true" scale="0.5"/>

Any ideas?

• Hi,

Zitat

it only shows a black square

That can happen when the hotspot image is larger than the maximum texture size that a device support.
    On older or lower-end mobiles this can be 2048x2048px.

So if you keep the hotspot images below that size you're safe.

But it's already on my list to check automatically for that size limit and automatically downscale the hotspot image at runtime to avoid that problem. Then the hotspot loading will be slightly longer and the hotspot maybe slightly blurred on such devices, but it will work.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

That can happen when the hotspot image is larger than the maximum texture size that a device support.
    On older or lower-end mobiles this can be 2048x2048px.

So if you keep the hotspot images below that size you're safe.

But it's already on my list to check automatically for that size limit and automatically downscale the hotspot image at runtime to avoid that problem. Then the hotspot loading will be slightly longer and the hotspot maybe slightly blurred on such devices, but it will work.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Thanks Klaus, I'll try keep within those limits for now

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!