You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 5th 2020, 2:41pm

Animated hotspots not working on mobile - fine on pc

Hi
This example works on pc and mobile so I copied the action
https://krpano.com/releases/1.20.6/viewe…anihotspots.xml
and pasted it into my tour.xml
I made a new animated hotspot (png) and uploaded to my server

The animation works fine when viewed on pc, but on mobile it only shows a black square

Source code

<hotspot name="hologram1" url="boards/hologram.png" onloaded="do_crop_animation(320,320, 7);" ath="145" atv="15.8" tooltip="click to view" distorted="true" scale="0.5"/>
Any ideas?

Tuesday, May 5th 2020, 3:57pm

It appears to be a resolution limit somehow
320 X 320 (strip of 15) didnt work on mobile
but 50 X 50 works fine

Tuesday, May 5th 2020, 10:21pm

Hi,

Quoted

it only shows a black square

That can happen when the hotspot image is larger than the maximum texture size that a device support.
On older or lower-end mobiles this can be 2048x2048px.

So if you keep the hotspot images below that size you're safe.

But it's already on my list to check automatically for that size limit and automatically downscale the hotspot image at runtime to avoid that problem. Then the hotspot loading will be slightly longer and the hotspot maybe slightly blurred on such devices, but it will work.

Best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, May 6th 2020, 9:42am

Hi,

Quoted

it only shows a black square

That can happen when the hotspot image is larger than the maximum texture size that a device support.
On older or lower-end mobiles this can be 2048x2048px.

So if you keep the hotspot images below that size you're safe.

But it's already on my list to check automatically for that size limit and automatically downscale the hotspot image at runtime to avoid that problem. Then the hotspot loading will be slightly longer and the hotspot maybe slightly blurred on such devices, but it will work.

Best regards,
Klaus

Thanks Klaus, I'll try keep within those limits for now

Monday, May 25th 2020, 5:32pm

Hi,

here the new krpano 1.20.7 release, there too large hotspot images will be automatically downscaled.

Best regards,
Klaus

Monday, May 25th 2020, 8:30pm

Hi,

here the new krpano 1.20.7 release, there too large hotspot images will be automatically downscaled.

Best regards,
Klaus

Awesome, thanks Klaus!