IPad Pro Lidar scanner & Depthmaps

• Hi.

My 2013 iPad needs updating and I was reading up on what's out now as not really clued up with Apple products.

The iPad pro jumped out as it has a Lidar scanner built in and that got me thinking about depthmaps for krpano tours. Never worked with them before and don't have Everpano but was wondering..... in theory would it be possible to scan a room with the iPad and extract a depthmap to use on a 360 pano taken in the same spot? I guess it wouldn't have to be super detailed but enough to allow a small amount of head movement on a Rift S to make it 'feel' 3d or perhaps to enhance the 360 when viewing with a Oculus Go or a regular browser.

Thought I'd ask as the newer iPad pro's are not the most affordable but could be if works with KRPano and can entice new clients *rolleyes*

Andrew

Had to edit post a few times as my phone made the format go wild with line breaks.

• Not sure why nobody has answered it as it should be possible and quite quick. Not to mention that it should capture almost any geometry

So if anyone can collaborate on this that would be great.

I have found this but they are using some kind of their own app to capture it with IOS lidar and then bring them into their own web app. The app is available online(see the link under the video on youtube) but the one they use to capture point cloud cannot be found online.

I am sure they can be other Ipad/Iphone apps that can make it, just wish to know which ones.

[size=10]

]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!