A good suggestion??

• Hi

I have been with your software for it must be ten years plus. If I was 40 years younger I would have definitely cracked learning the code and learned to do some very clever things your fantastic effort does facilitate.

But time pressures and departing brain cells are set against me!! Over the years I have looked at alternative platforms and I have just done the same again recently. There are some very impressive alternatives out there, in particular I have just been looking at 3Dvista for the last three hours!

But I come back to same conclusion I think each time. None of them really do very much more, if any more than krpano. I have successfully adapted many of my tours by back analysing code to achieve great results, often using the online work of others and of course the examples you provide.

But I must say using your own examples are quite a challenge for a non programmer. I think it would really helpful to many if those examples were updated because many are old and maybe just a bit too simple!! A mild level of complexity might be really helpful. For example, recently I tried to use a floor plan map which changed for each floor based on the example code provided. This I am sure would be a very common feature many would include in their own tours. Trying to achieve that was not that easy, for me at least. The combobox example I just can't make it work. Great in its own, but not when try to integrate in to a Vtour.

I want to stay with krpano because of its customability, if that's a word! I am sure half of these alternatives are based on your cutting edge work. I just think a little help for the inexperienced coders would be very welcome. The Make VTour droplets and the KRPtools application is absolutely fantastic. I would just like to know how best to be able to include some of the add on features easily into the various xml code.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!