(SOLVED) Basic question: image map style scaling

• Hello,
    Once in a while I need to show some detail shots in a panorama. Normally I just open the desired image "as is". This seems to work on all devices apart from smartphones, where I need to add e.g. a scale.mobile="0.5" parameter.

However, now I need to open a detail shot with further infos. I tried to achieve this by a parent/child layout, where the basic image is the parent element and an additional - clickable - element is located on that image via x/y values. In its basic form, this could be e.g. a "close x" or the red/blue example below. This is still working fine - apart from smartphones: here the additional elements don't stick to the places I expect them to be.

So, I seem to be missing the basic point of locating elements in their relation to each other in a way which is device independent.

If I should go for width/height parameters in %, how do I relate the child elements to a specific location? In my understanding, I can only do this in absolute values via x/y in pixels and the child parameters should than resize according to the dimensions of the parent element.I'm probably on the wrong track and here is some of my code so far (just to give you an impression). Can somebody point me to the right one, please?

Yours
    Michael

Edit: Lord... I just forgot to add the scalechildren parameter...

Edited 2 times, last by mstoss: solved... somehow (May 10, 2020 at 8:46 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!