depth.mobile and depth.normal not working with 1.20.6?

• Dear Klaus, I'm referring to this old post:

https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p…obile#post75947

Where I asked how is possible to have the same hotspot aspect for the different device utilizations:

- PC
    - Oculus
    - Tablet

As showed in the images of that post I have different aspect of the hotspot using Pc than using Oculus Go.
    I've resolved using different values for depth.mobile and depth.normal parameters.
    But now I've seen on my old tour in web that they are not worked anymore!
    I've many clients that says me that the tour are not more utilizable in Oculus since the textwindow (made with an hotspot type=text) are hudge!

As you can seee here for example:

https://demo.visual4d.it/VR_angeleye/tour.html

where you can see that visualising the tour with PC the text dimension
    is correct while using Oculus the windows is about 5 times more bigger.

So this is a little disaster for me because I've to setup again all my published tour.

I am open to do this huge work but at the moment I don't know how.

At the moment both settings produce correct aspect visualizations on PC but no on Oculus GO (about 5 times more bigger):

Code
    <hotspot name="p4_parete" type="text" html="data:p4_parete" padding="25" width="250" bgalpha="0.90" bgcolor="0xe5e5e5"css="font-family: MiloPro; font-size:14px"bgroundedge="5"flying="1"
    ox="0"
    enabled="false"
    zorder="999999999999"
    alpha="0"
    zoom="false"
    distorted="false"
    mipmapping="true"
    oversampling="1.4"

So in few words: I need an help in order to fix the Oculus (WebVR) aspect of my window text and hostspot.

Edited 9 times, last by GIOLETS (May 19, 2020 at 9:58 AM).

• I have to add some words in addition to my previous post: since the terrible last Oculus Browser update all my tours not working anymore with Oculus Go (I have no word to say...).
    So I have started to manually update the .js file, using the 1.20.6 Update Tool.

So this is the reason why I've found all the hotspots of the tour with wrong dimension using Oculus.I have now undestand that my (very dirty) code:

Code
    depth.mobile=xxx

not work anymore in Oculus Browser (!)
    and the correct code should be now:

Code
    depth.mobilevr=xxx

or better:

Code
    scale.mobilevr=xxx

So I ask you a very clear example that shows the easiest way to setup globally the scale for different devices.
    I've read that post:
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…&threadID=13968
    but really I don't undestand where and how to insert a global value in my tour.xlm file or in my tour.html file
    Luca

Edited once, last by GIOLETS (May 19, 2020 at 12:08 PM).

• I'm very sorry, but I have to renew my request: could someone suggest me with an example hot to globally set the different hotspot scale for each device?

Many thanks.

• Hi,

while using Oculus the windows is about 5 times more bigger.

This is a conflict with an unexpected change in the Oculus Browser (it doesn't resize the rendering buffer of a WebGL canvas to the requested size).
    It will be fixed very soon in krpano version 1.20.7, then the hotspots will have their correct size again.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• wow good news!
    Many thanks Klaus for the answer!
    I surely don't want to pressure you, but when do you think the new release will be ready?
    I'm asking if is better to wait to update the tours until 1.20.7 is avaiable or update all with the current version (also with the wrong scale, but giving to clients the chance to view some parts of the tour)...

• Hello Klaus!
    Me and my team faced with a same problem. Scale of hotspots in Oculus browser is much bigger(in 200-250% bigger in webxr than in webvr).
    When we can expect a 1.20.7?
    Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!