Loading of related xml files in parallel?

• Hi,

Is it possible to load the xml files in parallel instead of in sequence? I have multiple xml files included in the tour.xml. When the viewer starts it takes up to 30 sec to load the files. The files are not huge but looks like that each file waits till the previous one is fully loaded.

<include url="add_hotspot/plugins_l/add_hotspot.xml"/>
    <include url="videoSettings.xml"/>
    <include url="skin/no_menue_skin.xml"/>
    <include url="plugins/garrows/garrows_settings.xml"/>
    <include url="plugins/garrows/garrows.xml"/>
    <include url="plugins/gtransition/gtransition_settings.xml"/>
    <include url="plugins/gtransition/gtransition.xml"/>

All the panos and multi res images are loaded in parallel.

Is there an option? Otherwise I have a black screen for 30 sec.

• Hi,

right, that's a feature that's already for a long time on my list.
    I have added it now finally for version 1.20.8.

That means with that version xml includes will be requested and loaded in parallel from the server.
    This will speed up the starting and loading time - but - when it takes 30 second just to load a few xml files, you might also have another bigger problem. Then either the server is very slow or busy or the network connection very slow.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus

Thanks for the fast reply. Good to know that this feature is in the new version. Do you have already a date when you will release the version 1.20.8? I cannot wait.

I also do not know right now what is the reason of the slow performance. The server and internet is less the issue because the panos are loaded relatively fast. We are investigating right now but based on the network traffic of the browser we can see that for each XML file loaded there is a massive amount of time spend for waiting on top of that the loading is in sequence. Please have a look at the image I have attached. The XML's that are loaded are not significant in size.

Best

• Hi,

version 1.20.8 will be released soon and it will definitely improve such case.

But what is the trycatch.js in your case?
    And what is your network connection speed and latency?
    The load time per file is still very high and not normal/typical.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus

Thanks for your reply. We found out that the router has some strange rules where xml files will be checked and this will take more time. Thanks for your help.

Do you have already a date when you will release version 1.20.8? Will this be in the next days? In September?

Best Wishes

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!